Color Force 72"

A question, we are always having issues with patching color forces on the H3
what should the correct way be? RGBAW ? RGBWA ? and how many channels
should it be.

thanks if any one can help.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=rpulawski;65439]

patching as a generic RGB... maybe that's my problem).

The only way I can get control of these is by patching either as a generic RGB or generic RGBA using modes 3/4 in the fixture itself. I can control each individual cell, using 36 or 48 channels, respectively, but when using the effects in the Roadhog, they are simple all cell intensity ramps or all cell color changes. I can't seem to do any effects using individual cells, i.e. cell chases, gradients from left to right (as seen here, an effect within the "look select internal FX":)

Using the generic RGB fixtures is right. After you apply effects in the engine, the effect you built will do just as you said; make all the fixtures perform at the same time. You can make it the individual cells unique by 'fanning' the the offset. (FAN in the manual for more specifics)

[QUOTE=rpulawski;65439]
    To me, it seems like mode 1 (HSI w/FX) is the only way to have more impressive / individual effects but I must not be patching correctly because it reacts wildly when I try to control it using a generic RGB or RGBA.

When in FX mode, Fixture 1 isn't a Generic RGB fixture, it's an FX fixture. Think of it as a 'virtual fixture'. You'll patch it and adjust parameters and record into cues. But it's mapped to the entire light bar. On Hog 3, I believe it's under AC Lighting and called "FX" or something to that effect.
    Fixture 1 - FX, patched at your LEDs starting address
    Fixture 2-13 : Generic RGB LEDs, first one patched at 7+Starting address, then add 3 for each consecutive led.
  • [QUOTE=rpulawski;65439]

patching as a generic RGB... maybe that's my problem).

The only way I can get control of these is by patching either as a generic RGB or generic RGBA using modes 3/4 in the fixture itself. I can control each individual cell, using 36 or 48 channels, respectively, but when using the effects in the Roadhog, they are simple all cell intensity ramps or all cell color changes. I can't seem to do any effects using individual cells, i.e. cell chases, gradients from left to right (as seen here, an effect within the "look select internal FX":)

Using the generic RGB fixtures is right. After you apply effects in the engine, the effect you built will do just as you said; make all the fixtures perform at the same time. You can make it the individual cells unique by 'fanning' the the offset. (FAN in the manual for more specifics)

[QUOTE=rpulawski;65439]
    To me, it seems like mode 1 (HSI w/FX) is the only way to have more impressive / individual effects but I must not be patching correctly because it reacts wildly when I try to control it using a generic RGB or RGBA.

When in FX mode, Fixture 1 isn't a Generic RGB fixture, it's an FX fixture. Think of it as a 'virtual fixture'. You'll patch it and adjust parameters and record into cues. But it's mapped to the entire light bar. On Hog 3, I believe it's under AC Lighting and called "FX" or something to that effect.
    Fixture 1 - FX, patched at your LEDs starting address
    Fixture 2-13 : Generic RGB LEDs, first one patched at 7+Starting address, then add 3 for each consecutive led.
Children
No Data
Related