Figure 8 effect

Howdy Hog nation! :hogsign:
I am getting bored with these premade circle and square effects on my HOG IPC and was wondering how I can use the FX engine to create a figure 8 type pattern using my moving head fixtures. Is this even possible? Thanks for y'alls help.

Ryan Carroll
Lighting Desinger
Denver First Church
Parents
  • Ryan,

With a moving head if you leave it down in the "home" position and select Circle you will get a figure eight. But I'm guessing you want it tilted up where you would normally do a circle.

To do that with the "8" standing up it is the same as a circle, but double the Pan Rate at half the size.

Because as you draw an "8" (with pencil or light) the back and forth motion happens twice, but the up and down is only once.

So, tilt your fixture up around 45deg.
    Select circle from the FX engine.
    Set the size to say 20deg.
    In the Effect Editing window adjust Pan Rate to double the Tilt.
    And either the Tilt size to 40, or the Pan size to 10.

You get the idea.
  • Ryan,

With a moving head if you leave it down in the "home" position and select Circle you will get a figure eight. But I'm guessing you want it tilted up where you would normally do a circle.

To do that with the "8" standing up it is the same as a circle, but double the Pan Rate at half the size.

Because as you draw an "8" (with pencil or light) the back and forth motion happens twice, but the up and down is only once.

So, tilt your fixture up around 45deg.
    Select circle from the FX engine.
    Set the size to say 20deg.
    In the Effect Editing window adjust Pan Rate to double the Tilt.
    And either the Tilt size to 40, or the Pan size to 10.

You get the idea.
Children
No Data
Related