Groups/Programming Updating

Hi Guys

Probably an obvious question, but I don't have the rig to check it - and want to know in advance if it works....

I have a show with 30 VL3500 Washes. I have created some 3-step chases using the 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 switching them on in a cue-only stack under grouping on the screen...... So far so good - I have a nice chase.

What I've done, is set up a group called VL3500's, then 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 groups as well. When I recorded the 3-step chase, I selected the 1/3 or whatever VL3500 Group.

IF I have an upcoming show where I now have 50 or 60 VL3500's. If I update my 'master' group with the extra VL's will it automatically update my groups such as 1/3, 2/3 with the additional fixtures - or will I need to update those too?

Normally, I'd clone, but this would be a better option as cloning can get a tad messy with existing show files on specific cues (for me) I tend to find. If I know using the above method works, I can ensure I program my show in a neater way for additional fixtures.

Sure its an obvious answer.....

Cheers
Neil
Parents
  • Your 1/3, 2/3 groups wont be updated if you update your master group.
    You need to do it manually.

If you clone your fixtures, your programming will work like expected if you select the right combination of original and replicated fixture.

In the closer future there will be an update (in HOG4 OS) which allows grouping und buddying also in fixture selection.

Hope this helps
  • Your 1/3, 2/3 groups wont be updated if you update your master group.
    You need to do it manually.

If you clone your fixtures, your programming will work like expected if you select the right combination of original and replicated fixture.

In the closer future there will be an update (in HOG4 OS) which allows grouping und buddying also in fixture selection.

Hope this helps
Children
No Data
Related