Wholehog III problem... Help me please!!!

i have a problem with my console hog3, the problem is when i try to turn it on
the screen don't start always are in black, don't turn on, after seconds the choose keys
start flashing like 3 time quickly and then repeat the cycle, after 30 min the screens turn on
and everything is normally but then when i try to turn it on again happen the same thing, and now
even wait 30 minutes or more dont start the screens... do you know about this problem?

i tried to change HDD, Ram memory, add an external monitor for VGA, IDE cable... any solutions?? thanks
Parents
  • Hi, if you are comfortable doing so, there are points on the Power Distribution PCB you can measure. They will be labeled 13.7v, 12v, and 5v. Where the labeled points are, there are two regulators under the PCB and is what you are actually measuring. The points on the regulators come up through the holes in the Power Distr PCB. For example if you measure 13.7v but do not get anything at the two 12v points, it is possible the regulator is faulty. If you do not get the 12v, you can power down the console and remove the cables from the end of the Power Distr PCB and power up and measure again. If the 12v is now there, there may be something downstream causing the problem. If not the regulator may be the problem.

If all power is ok, the 12v LED may just be faulty and the problem may be with the Front Panel PCB or cabling or even the Processor PCB, although the power is definitely a possibility if the Front Panel is only getting 5v for example.
  • Hi, if you are comfortable doing so, there are points on the Power Distribution PCB you can measure. They will be labeled 13.7v, 12v, and 5v. Where the labeled points are, there are two regulators under the PCB and is what you are actually measuring. The points on the regulators come up through the holes in the Power Distr PCB. For example if you measure 13.7v but do not get anything at the two 12v points, it is possible the regulator is faulty. If you do not get the 12v, you can power down the console and remove the cables from the end of the Power Distr PCB and power up and measure again. If the 12v is now there, there may be something downstream causing the problem. If not the regulator may be the problem.

If all power is ok, the 12v LED may just be faulty and the problem may be with the Front Panel PCB or cabling or even the Processor PCB, although the power is definitely a possibility if the Front Panel is only getting 5v for example.
Children
No Data
Related