Cell and Master Fixture Profiles help

Lets get started here, can anyone please explain to me how a cell and master profile works? Just got about 9 led bars not too long ago and i requested a profile for it on the matter that they were not available for download at the time, and Barco got back with me with one profile, but it has 2 fixture schedule items within that. One is a master and the other is a cell. 10 channel leds' work only on 1 channel mode with the cell 10 channel profile and the master doesn't really do anything for me. I can use my lights right now and its no big bother since i found a workaround for the time. Either way though, i got a little curious and being new to the world of DMX consoles and all, i wanted to know. Detailed as possible please. Thank you in advance!
Parents
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;71305]Saul,

You need to add 1 master and then "X" amount of cells.
    The amount of cells will depend on the fixture.

Patch the master first and then the cells.
    Master normaly contains the strobe funcition and a few other global parameters.
    The cells control just the cell.

Thank you sir, one more question. How would i do this as far as patching goes. The profile is 10 channel mode as I mentioned it, the fixtures (9 LED RGBA Bars) themselves are set to 1 channel mode for the time being for a upcoming show but i can tinker with them later. Would I have to patch the master at say 001 DMX and then start the cells and patch at 012, 023, 034, 045 etc.? Of course, that would mean that I'd have to set the fixtures to 10 channel mode.
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;71305]Saul,

You need to add 1 master and then "X" amount of cells.
    The amount of cells will depend on the fixture.

Patch the master first and then the cells.
    Master normaly contains the strobe funcition and a few other global parameters.
    The cells control just the cell.

Thank you sir, one more question. How would i do this as far as patching goes. The profile is 10 channel mode as I mentioned it, the fixtures (9 LED RGBA Bars) themselves are set to 1 channel mode for the time being for a upcoming show but i can tinker with them later. Would I have to patch the master at say 001 DMX and then start the cells and patch at 012, 023, 034, 045 etc.? Of course, that would mean that I'd have to set the fixtures to 10 channel mode.
Children
No Data
Related