Midi Notes help

I'm trying to use an APC-40 as a midi controller for Hog3. Testing to see if I can make it work before I decide to buy a Nano4. I'm torn between all the "pc" controllers from the big boys.(ma, hog, avo, martin, chamsys...)

If I can get Midi Notes to work smoothly and simply, Hog wins, hands down.

I haven't been able to find a walk through that works for me. Any points in the right direction?
Parents
  • Here's a few things…
    On Hog 3, there is no Midi mapping for encoders or faders so that is out. (Hog 4 can do them with OSC so if you go Nano, you should be good)

You are correct that you can only tie 1 channel to Comment macros. I had requested for being able to do multiples, but have never seen that but you have a lot of notes to use so you should still be able to do this.

Here's a midi note map I made for when I started doing Midi Note Control with Hog 3. It may help you out.

[ATTACH]2643[/ATTACH]

For what you're doing, would it be possible to use an iPad with TouchOSC and output Midi notes from the dock connector using the Camera Connector kit? Then you could setup a page of buttons and trigger anything you want.

Just a thought…
  • Here's a few things…
    On Hog 3, there is no Midi mapping for encoders or faders so that is out. (Hog 4 can do them with OSC so if you go Nano, you should be good)

You are correct that you can only tie 1 channel to Comment macros. I had requested for being able to do multiples, but have never seen that but you have a lot of notes to use so you should still be able to do this.

Here's a midi note map I made for when I started doing Midi Note Control with Hog 3. It may help you out.

[ATTACH]2643[/ATTACH]

For what you're doing, would it be possible to use an iPad with TouchOSC and output Midi notes from the dock connector using the Camera Connector kit? Then you could setup a page of buttons and trigger anything you want.

Just a thought…
Children
No Data
Related