SFML - Still sending DMX when console cleared

I'm having an issue with my smartfade ML and some LED lights (4 ch iRGB).  I'm trying to program various "looks" into the console so that the console doesn't have to be manned for certain events, just push up a memory fader to get a blue stage wash etc.  My problem is that operating the RGB lights occasionally gets colors "stuck" into the console.  Clearing out the console (ALL -4 presses) does not always clear the dmx on the RGB.

Right now my lights are stuck on blue (R:2,G0-,B:full) with nothing active.  Shutdown/restart does not clear the problem, neither does a powercycle by unplugging the unit.  Any idea on what this console is doing?  I'm not used to these smaller units.

• I would suggest you first check your dmx outputs page in Smartsoft to check if it a a console problem or a fixture problem.  Pushing the clear 4 times clears all intensity channels, but this does not clear all DMX outputs.   Did you use a desk personality or did you make your own for the IRGB fixture?  Check what parameters "fade with intensity" for your fixture personality.  Hope this might help sort it for you.

• I had smartsoft up at the time, the console was still outputing DMX on the non-intensity faders.  I do not want those color parameters to fade with intensity.  The fixtures are running off of a desk personality.  I guess this is a limitation of this console and the LTP mentality.

Are you with ETC?  I would be curious what the reasoning is for not clearing all dmx when clear is pressed 4 times.

• No I'm not with ETC - and certainly no expert but just trying to help and also learn as much as possible about the SFML .  

• The Clear (1,2,3,4) options will not change Attributes like color, focus, etcetera - it will only affect intensities.

If you want to put a light back into open white (all color parameters will be at full, ready to create white), use the [Home] button. With devices selected, just double-hit the [Home] key. To home just a particular unit, press and hold [Home] and use the direct select.

Hope that helps-

Luke

Related