Smartfade ML Studiobeam Color Issue

I have 2 smartfade ml's and when I patch the Highend Studiobeam standard, the color pallets do not work properly. I believe it is in the color function channel. Channel 5 on the fixture is color function and I need the color function to be on pure mix which is value 32-47, that will allow cyan and magenta and yellow to go from 0 white to 255 full saturation. Right now I believe it is stuck on continuous which at 0 value is white and  105 value is full saturation and then 255 value brings it back to white; it is like a full circle. How can I change this. Or what can you do to help. Reason I say the color pallets do not work reason being on the console when color pallet is selected 1 is a redish color, right? Yes so when you choose that color, the light goes to that red color then keeps on going to the right value if the pure mix color function WAS on. The fixtures is working correct I even grabbed another studio beam and it is doing the same, my other fixtures work great.

Thank you,

Will Childress

Memephis Audio   

• Will Childress:

I have 2 smartfade ml's and when I patch the Highend Studiobeam standard, the color pallets do not work properly. I believe it is in the color function channel. Channel 5 on the fixture is color function and I need the color function to be on pure mix which is value 32-47, that will allow cyan and magenta and yellow to go from 0 white to 255 full saturation. Right now I believe it is stuck on continuous which at 0 value is white and  105 value is full saturation and then 255 value brings it back to white; it is like a full circle. How can I change this. Or what can you do to help. Reason I say the color pallets do not work reason being on the console when color pallet is selected 1 is a redish color, right? Yes so when you choose that color, the light goes to that red color then keeps on going to the right value if the pure mix color function WAS on. The fixtures is working correct I even grabbed another studio beam and it is doing the same, my other fixtures work great.

I just found out as well the wheel is going backwards from 4-8 it is red which is at the end of the wheel and the full saturation cyan and then it fade to less saturation all that from 1-100%. If that helps!!!! Thanks 

Thank you,

Will Childress

Memephis Audio   

• Hi Will -

If you ever have a problem that requires immediate help, please don't hesitate to call ETC Technical Services - that's what they are there for. There is never any guaranteed response time here in the forums, especially during a holiday week.

It appears you know exactly what's happening with your Studio Beam fixtures. The Color control channel is probably mapped to one of the faders in SFML. If it is not, we will work to sort out a fix to the library template in a future release. To get your fixtures working now, though, you might want to build your own template for the fixtures so you can be sure to have access to the color control channel and set its home value to the proper setting.

I hope this helps -

Thanks-

Sarah

• Looking at the library, the "Colour Mix Mode" (Channel 5) of the Studiobeam is mapped to the "User 2" fader on the ML. So if you select the User 2 fader and set it to 13 to 18%, colour mixing should work fine.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tom

Related