Inserting Step in Stack

I am doing very simple stack steps, just using the "Record a Stack state"...setting the faders to desired levels, then recording the step.

I need to insert a step, and don't really understand how that is done when it gets to "Insert with Bump"....don't understand the "bump" terminology.   What is the simplest way to insert a step.  I would like to just set the faders and be able to insert that step somehow.

Parents
  • The Stack is always played in numerical order, so to insert a step just record as normal but choose a "point cue" number instead of a whole number.

For example, to insert a step between cues 1.0 and 2.0 you could record a cue 1.5.

To do this on SmartFade 12/48, 12/96 and 24/96:
    (SmartFade ML is slightly different but the same general idea)

• Build look
    • [Rec Mem]
    • [Stack]
      • LCD shows: "Record to XF"
      • bottom line " > Record step #.#"
    • [Tick] for Record Step.
      • The ">" moves to the step number.
    • Now spin the dial to pick the cue number "1.5"
    • [Tick]

If you get different options, check your console software version as you might be running an older one.

The current version of SmartFade and SmartFade ML can be downloaded from their product pages: SmartFade, SmartFade ML.

[edited by: Richard at 10:34 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Feb 23 2013]
  • The Stack is always played in numerical order, so to insert a step just record as normal but choose a "point cue" number instead of a whole number.

For example, to insert a step between cues 1.0 and 2.0 you could record a cue 1.5.

To do this on SmartFade 12/48, 12/96 and 24/96:
    (SmartFade ML is slightly different but the same general idea)

• Build look
    • [Rec Mem]
    • [Stack]
      • LCD shows: "Record to XF"
      • bottom line " > Record step #.#"
    • [Tick] for Record Step.
      • The ">" moves to the step number.
    • Now spin the dial to pick the cue number "1.5"
    • [Tick]

If you get different options, check your console software version as you might be running an older one.

The current version of SmartFade and SmartFade ML can be downloaded from their product pages: SmartFade, SmartFade ML.

[edited by: Richard at 10:34 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Feb 23 2013]
Children
No Data
Related