New Device Profiles

When will there be updated fixture personalties for the SmartFade ML?  The Device Library 3.4 seems to be about 6 months old.

Specifically looking for some of the newer Chauvet fixture profiles.

I tried building one for a ColorSplash 196 using a custom personality, but there is not enough flexibility in the custom personalities.   The ColorSplash 196 has 7 channels for 7 different rings of LEDs - 3 red, 2 green and 2 blue.  To work nicely with the ML, I need to have the "Red" channel control 3 DMX channels, etc. but the custom personalities don't allow that.

On a related note, on a custom personality, how can you add "intensity" for a RGB LED fixture?  I see the generic RGB LED profile in the regular library has an intensity control for a 3 channel RGB fixture, but I don't see how to do the same thing in a custom personality.

So, kind of 3 questions wrapped up in there, but all related.

Thanks,

Jon

Parents
  • Hello,

We have a version of SmartFade ML in our Beta test for the new SmartSoft software.  That version includes library version 3.7 which has grown considerably since the 3.4 version and corrects a number of problems.  Within approximately 1 week there will be a further library update to version 3.9.  Please go to the SmartSoft forum and register to download the Beta code.

I am thinking of a good way to solve the creation of the fixture you describe and discussing possible solutions with the developers.  I hope to have an answer to that soon.

We will add a facility to the custom personalities to setup the Fade-With-Intensity function in a future version.

thank you for your comments.

• Adam,

I did load in the v3.7 library and it didn't have any new Chauvet fixtures in there.  Let us know when 3.9 is out.  Also, if there was a list (PDF file or something) showing what is in the library (like there is for v3.4) that would be easier to look through.

Is there a way (or if not there should be) to load just the device library?  (like loading device library v3.7 into a board with software 1.2)

Lastly, yes the "Fade-with-intensity" function which is seen in some of the built-in library devices would definitely be VERY helpful for building user defined devices.

Thanks,

Jon 

• Lib 3.9 now includes these Chauvet devices.  Please send me an email address and I will forward the full lib list and notes.

Chauvet              Colorado3                      Mode 1                                 
    Chauvet              ColorSplash 200B                                                      
    Chauvet              ColorSplash Jr                                                        
    Chauvet              Color Bank LED                                                        
    Chauvet              Color Bar                      5 Channel                              
    Chauvet              Color Controller 2.0                                                  
    Chauvet              DMX Abyss                                                             
    Chauvet              DMX Mega Strobe                                                       
    Chauvet              Insignia 2.0                                                          
    Chauvet              Intimidator 2.0                                                       
    Chauvet              Intimidator 2.0 HTI                                                   
    Chauvet              LED Rain 36                                                           
    Chauvet              LED Rain 56                                                           
    Chauvet              LED Shadow                                                            
    Chauvet              LED Techno Strobe                                                     
    Chauvet              LED Techno Strobe RGB                                                 
    Chauvet              Legend 150R                                                           
    Chauvet              Legend 250RX                                                          
    Chauvet              Legend 6000 Wash               16 bit                                 
    Chauvet              Legend 6000 Wash               8 bit                                  
    Chauvet              Mega Strobe II                                                        
    Chauvet              Mini Legend ILS                                                       
    Chauvet              Mini Legend Wash                                                      
    Chauvet              Mini Legend Wash ILS                                                  
    Chauvet              Mirage                                                                
    Chauvet              Q-Roll 150                     6 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Roll 150                     7 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Roll 250                     6 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Roll 250                     7 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Scan 150                     6 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Scan 150                     7 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Scan 250                     6 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Scan 250                     7 channel                              
    Chauvet              Q-Spot 250                                                            
    Chauvet              Q-Spot 575                                                            
    Chauvet              Q-Wash 250                                                            
    Chauvet              Spectrum 150                                                          
    Chauvet              Spectrum 252                                                          
    Chauvet              Stage Wash 1550                RGBI mode                              
    Chauvet              Stage Wash 1800                RGBI mode                              
    Chauvet              Stage Wash 950                 RGBI mode                              
    Chauvet              Techno Strobe 200                                                     
    Chauvet              Techno Strobe 2000                                                    
    Chauvet              TrackScan 250R

• Hi Adam,

You can e-mail the Library list and notes to: jon at castlestudios.com

Even the 3.9 list of Chauvet fixtures you listed does not contain any of the new products they released at LDI (MIN spot, MIN wash, etc.), and even some legacy products that I have (Legend 3000).  But being able to build your own personalities helps (would be nice if you could name them and store/import separately from one show to another though).

Also if the personality editor can be expanded to provide more flexibility in creating user device personalities, that would help (like the Intensity over a 3 channel RGB device, etc.).  There are also some devices that have odd DMX implementation, like having the intensity on the same channel as shutter/strobe, so you can't put it on the "intensity" control of the SmartFade ML or a GrandMaster fade would yield bizarre results.

Thanks,

Jon 

• I second the request for fade with intesity for use with RGB LED fixtures... if it could be linkable to the user attributes that would be very nice as well... (i'm thinking selador...)
  • I think the build your own device function is huge.  I agree with the previous statement that that function could use a lot more versatility.  Specifically I'm looking at some TriNorth LED Wall Washer 1 units. 

http://trinorthlighting.com/Store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=94&zenid=4588fdf9c96d3a777cb12e78a1703f0a

TriNorth does more with permanent install fixtures, but this specific fixture is great for RGB washes on a backdrop while on the road with my show.  There is no support for any trinorth lights for the SFML right now, but there is a sister fixture that looks and acts exactly like this trinorth unit.  The Punch LED Pro by American DJ (also not supported by library v.3.7) is the closest thing to the trinorth wall washer 1. The only difference at all is that the channel configurations are changed around, which makes for an inconvenient almost perfect match.

• For the time being, I'd suggest patching the TriNorth units as a "Generic RGB" fixture - unfortunately this means that you don't have the Strobe attribute.

If you need Strobe, you can sacrifice an Int or device fader, depending on which is more suitable for your rig.

As Adam said, we are intending to improve the user device template creation, so the above is purely a temporary workaround.

• I just aquired a smart fade ML and some New Martin MAC 575 Kyptons, any hope of profiles being done in the next week or so?

• I expect that the MAC575 Kryton will be in the library within 1 week.  Please check the website at about that time.
  • Richard, thanks for the advise.  It works great, but like you said, there's no strobe feature.  It's a fine work-around until the improved device template creator is released.
Reply Children
No Data
Related