Question from a new forum member

Our church has had a SmartFade 2496 in our fellowship hall for about a year.  I am one of the lighting volunteers. 

Whenever we have an event that will require any special lighting, I go into the church and work with desigining the settings we are going to use.  I frequently use the SmartSoft software to set up the settings for the event. 

The problem I've been having lately is that because of the number of events, it is very difficult to find a night when the room isn't being used so I can try various settings to see how they will look for the event.  I can use the SmartSoft to create the settings into a show without actually being in the room, but I just can't get a sense of how it will look on our stage.

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of lighting design software that I can use to design the light show on the PC?  I would want to set it up so that it looks similar to our actual lights and our stage.  If possible, I would also like it to transfer the channel and memory settings to either the SmartSoft system  or to a Show file that I can load int the SmartFade console.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Chucki

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related