update to new personalities 9.2

i follow instructions to update personalities  and also update soft ware   and i can`t seem to change the installed version 7.5         board doesn`t give me the menue   "update libarary"     ???  what do i do now  ?

Parents
  • In SmartFade ML v3.0.0 and up we changed from having a single, updateable but relatively small library to having a 'standard' personality library built into the console firmware containing about 500 'common' personality templates, and an "extended" library containing several thousand personality templates.

I think you probably have an older version of the manual - the current manual is downloadable from this page.

The Extended library provides several thousand personality templates, and you can "Load" up to 100 of the ones you need into your console, where they will remain available for any future show until the console is 'deep cleared' or the backup battery is exhausted.

The process is described in the v3.0.1 manual (Direct link to English PDF) on page #8 (14 in PDF) "Load Personalities from Card"

• Place the PERSLIB.BIN on an SD Card
    • Insert the SD Card into the console
    • [Menu] > Patch > Patch Devices > Load Personalities
    • Choose Manufacturer with Wheel 1 or 2
    • Choose Fixture with Wheel 3
    • Press [Tick] /enter to confirm

Personalities loaded into your console appear in the "Loaded" manufacturer near the top of the list in the Patch Wizard.

• In SmartFade ML v3.0.0 and up we changed from having a single, updateable but relatively small library to having a 'standard' personality library built into the console firmware containing about 500 'common' personality templates, and an "extended" library containing several thousand personality templates.

I think you probably have an older version of the manual - the current manual is downloadable from this page.

The Extended library provides several thousand personality templates, and you can "Load" up to 100 of the ones you need into your console, where they will remain available for any future show until the console is 'deep cleared' or the backup battery is exhausted.

The process is described in the v3.0.1 manual (Direct link to English PDF) on page #8 (14 in PDF) "Load Personalities from Card"

• Place the PERSLIB.BIN on an SD Card
    • Insert the SD Card into the console
    • [Menu] > Patch > Patch Devices > Load Personalities
    • Choose Manufacturer with Wheel 1 or 2
    • Choose Fixture with Wheel 3
    • Press [Tick] /enter to confirm

Personalities loaded into your console appear in the "Loaded" manufacturer near the top of the list in the Patch Wizard.

Children
No Data
Related