New Devices - requests for library update

Please use this forum thread to request new devices to be added to the SmartFade ML library. 

Please use the other thread 'Device library problems and defects' to report or discuss broken or faulty library entries, or to suggest improvements to device personalities

[edited by: AdamBennette at 4:49 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jan 28 2008]
Parents
  • Library Device addition requests:

Chauvet Legend 3000x
    Chauvet Q-Wash LED  (the Q-Wash LED36 would is the same protocol)
    Chauvet MIN spot  (the Dimmer/Strobe channel should be assigned to the ML's "Shutter" command, and use the RGB "Fade with Intensity" for the ML's "Intensity" command)
    Chauvet MIN wash

if possible:
    Chauvet ColorSplash 196  (would need a unique implementation)

Thanks,

Jon
  • Chauvet legend 3000x appears to be the same as 3000.

That and the Min spot will be in the next release due in a matter of days.

Others will follow in a future release.

We do not have a direct way to patch the Colorsplash196 in a consistent way with Fade-With-Intensity operational.  I regret to say that this may not be possible in SmartFade ML.

• Adam -

Yes, the Legend 3000 and 3000x are identical protocol.

Thanks,

Jon 

• Adam -

I downloaded the .18 SFML software.  A few notes on the device additions/changes:

1) Chauvet MIN spot - this fixture also has the crazy shutter/intensity on the same channel.  Please move that to either shutter or a user attribute, and do the RGB Fade with Intensity, so that it's intensity behaves as expected.

2) Chauvet ColorSplash 200B - the change works (moving the inverted intensity to a user attribute), however it also needs to have the RGB Fade with Intensity, so that you have a regular intensity control as well. 

3) As noted before, the Chauvet ColorSplash Jr. should also be changed to move the intensity/shutter channel to a user attribute, and use the RGB Fade with Intensity to give it a regular intensity handle. 

I've got a show using these fixtures next week... any chance of getting these tweaked and back to me?

Jon

• Adam -

I downloaded the .18 SFML software.  A few notes on the device additions/changes:

1) Chauvet MIN spot - this fixture also has the crazy shutter/intensity on the same channel.  Please move that to either shutter or a user attribute, and do the RGB Fade with Intensity, so that it's intensity behaves as expected.

2) Chauvet ColorSplash 200B - the change works (moving the inverted intensity to a user attribute), however it also needs to have the RGB Fade with Intensity, so that you have a regular intensity control as well. 

3) As noted before, the Chauvet ColorSplash Jr. should also be changed to move the intensity/shutter channel to a user attribute, and use the RGB Fade with Intensity to give it a regular intensity handle. 

I've got a show using these fixtures next week... any chance of getting these tweaked and back to me?

Jon

Children
  • jdaggett:

Done - we've moved the shutter/intensity to the Strobe/Shutter attribute and activated RGB Fade With Int. 

Also done. 

Thanks for pointing that out - I'd missed it in my first pass!
    It's now being moved to the Shutter/Strobe attribute for consistency with the MIN Spot, and of course activating RGB fade int.

I've re-jigged the ColorSplash 196 slightly - it looks like it's impossible to get a full fade-with-int for this fixture at present, but I've moved the extra rings of LEDs to User faders 1 thru 4 in the order RGBR to make it a bit more intuitive.

[edited by: Richard at 3:45 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Feb 01 2008]
  • Richard -

Great.  When will a version with these changes be available?  (.19 I presume, and also with a couple of other fixes that I know is in that)

I've got a big show next week and would be wonderful to have these changes in place.

Thanks,

Jon 

• Found a couple of isues in the Chauvet Legend 3000 also -

* The Index/Rotate is for Gobo Wheel 2, but the SFML has wheel 2's index/rotate command on the Wheel 1 Rotate parameter.  So, channel 6 of the Legend 3000 should be Wheel 2 Rotate (not Wheel 1).  Functionally, it works, but is confusing since Wheel 1 is the fixed wheel and Wheel 2's rotate is on Wheel 1's rotate parameter.

* It doesn't appear that the Device functions work on the Legend 3000  (Lamp On/Off, Reset)

Thanks,

Jon

• Yes, we have spotted a typo in the personality file.  The rotate did not say it was for gobo 2.  We will change that.  Beware, when we do this any show made now will need editing.  Apologies for that inconvenience.

The device functions are in the personality according to the manufacturer's data.  Is it possible that (like some other lights, e.g. HE Studio Color) these functions are only allowed when the shutter is closed?

• I don't believe the shutter needs to be closed for those functions.

I was able to do a Reset manually using the individual parameter (since it's on one of the controls you had assigned to a User fader), but couldn't try the Lamp On/Off since that parameter isn't even assigned to a fader... not that I could tell anyway.

I am leaving today for a 4 day show and will be using the SFML, so I will have some time to do more tests with it.  I may have to come up with a creative way of doing a Lamp On / Lamp Off.

Jon 

• I have a request for library update.

Could the 5star SPICA250M added in the next library??

regards,

michael 

• I am also requesting a profile for the iSolution iColor 3000. This lamp has 2 modes - a 3 channel RGB mode, and a 4 channel mode, with colour selection, chase, chase speed and intensity.

Thank you

• The Entire Pixelrange line would be a good thing....
  • JeffMabray:
    The Entire Pixelrange line would be a good thing....
    They're already in.

Patch your PixelRange devices as 1 to as-many-individual-cells-as-you-have of either Generic RGB or Generic RGBA.

The Amber is in the Colour Wheel attribute - currently Amber doesn't fade-with-intensity.

• Yeah, that is part of the problem.  Another one is that the Pixelranges have different modes (8 vs 16 bit for example) that it would be nice to have around.....

• Come to think of it, they may be listed as James Thomas Engineering fixtures.....

But since the latest library update has yet to be published (I know you are working on it Sarah) I can't tell for sure which ones are in there.... 

Related