Up version of the personality of SmartFade ML does not work.

Hello, nice to meet you

I have up to version 3.0.2.9.0.43 software SmartFade ML that was not used for a while.

Personality is also trying to version up.

According to the manual, download the [SFML Library v9.2.1] PC my (Mac), it is transferred to the [PERSLIB.bin] on the SD card, we are trying to read SmartFade ML.

As the manual, turn the wheel and advanced Menu> Save / Road Show>, but there is no [Update Libraly] (does not come out).

So, Personalities of SmartFade ML my remains 7.5.3.

Equipment to be used because it is new, and you wish to update the library soon.

Please tell me a good way.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • The manual you have is for an older version of SmartFade ML, you'll need to download the updated version of the manual from this download page.

In v3.x, you no longer need to update the internal library to use new fixtures.
    There are now so many fixtures (5571 in library 9.4.0!) that it's simply impossible to fit them all in the console memory.

Instead, there are approximately 500 'built-in', and you can then "Load" a further 100 fixture personalities of your choice into the console memory.

• Copy the persib.bin onto the root of your SD Card.
    • Menu > Patch > Patch Devices > [Load Personalities]
    • Select a slot (1-100) to store the personality and press [Enter]
    • Select a Manufacturer using Wheels 1 or 2, and Personalitiy template using Wheel 3
    • Press [Enter] to confirm

Once you've done this, the new template will appear at the top of the Patch Wizard under the "Loaded" manufacturer.

Loaded Personality templates stay in your console indefinitely.
    (Unless you do a "deep clear", reload console firmware or the memory backup battery runs out.)

See page 8 of the SmartFade ML v3.0.1 rev A manual.

[edited by: Richard at 11:36 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 30 2013]
  • Thank you very much.

As it is, does not work.

I copied the persib.bin to the root of the SD card.

Menu> Patch> Patch Devices> [Read Personality

I chose.

I can be selected at the wheel 2 slot to store the personality [1-100].

When you select the slot [1-100] at the wheel 2, number of LCD wheel of one side also tuning.

In the upper part [Select slot], LCD wheel of one side at this time, appears slot number and the (empty) is lower, but there is no change even if you move the wheel 1.

It is displayed on the LCD Loaded on three wheels, there is no change even if you move the wheel 3.

So, you will not be able to select the manufacturer.

When you select a slot, or you need to determine it? If there is the need, you can decide what to do?

I do not know [Enter] button.

Continue, please let me know.

Thank you.

• Sorry, by [Enter] I mean the button with a "tick" symbol on it and "(Menu)" written above it.

The "slot" is where to store the personality.
    You only need to choose one that is unused, then press "tick" or "menu".

- Slot 1 is the first in the list in Patch Wizard, slot 100 is the last one.

- If you choose a slot that already has a personality in it, the new personality will replace the old one in the Patch Wizard.

This will never change any show files you have already made.

• Sorry, by [Enter] I mean the button with a "tick" symbol on it and "(Menu)" written above it.

The "slot" is where to store the personality.
    You only need to choose one that is unused, then press "tick" or "menu".

- Slot 1 is the first in the list in Patch Wizard, slot 100 is the last one.

- If you choose a slot that already has a personality in it, the new personality will replace the old one in the Patch Wizard.

This will never change any show files you have already made.

Children
  • Thank you very much. 

Still, it does not work. 

We are the English translation software, it might not communicated well, but please care. 

First, the contents of the SD card is as follows. 

Folder of SmartFadeML_v3.0.2_Console_Software 

(Not in the PERSLIB.bin) folder of SFML Library v9.2.1 

Files PERSLIB.bin 

Is not this wrong? 

Menu> Patch> Patch Devices> [Load Personalities]

Select a slot (1-100) to store the personality and press [Enter] 

I choose the (1-100) by operating (1-100), the wheel 2 Select a slot, but there is a display of (empty) on the right side to LCD (1-100) all. 

Without change remains [Loaded] wheel 3, [Enter] when you press the (= tick), there is no change. 

I think not read Yet (empty) sound weird. Or do they wrong? 

You said, "You only need to choose one that is unused, then press" tick "or" menu "." Of "unused" or different from the (empty)? 

Continue, please tell us. 

Thanks in advance.

• The "perslib.bin" file must not be in any folder.

It needs to be directly in the 'root' or 'bottom' of the SD Card.
    - SmartFade ignores all folders.

The word "(Empty)" means the slot is unused.

• Thank you very much.

I was resolved safely.

Cause vain seems to have been SD card.

I had thought because there was no problem when you want to load a SmartFadeML_v3.0.2_Console_Software, that there is no problem with the SD card, but it was read without difficulty and try to operate by changing the SD card.

I get disturbed. Thank you very much.

Nice to meet you in the future.

Related