Smartfade 1248 SD card problem and wierdness creating direct stack cues

I have run into a couple of problems today during set up for this year's Edinburgh Fringe. First is that I cannot save shows onto the internal SD card. The desk says it is writing the show for about one or two minutes but there is nothing visible on the card either through the desk or when put in my mac. The show will record from the mac however the file when put on the SD is not visible to the desk. This is a bit of a problem as I have 3 shows that all need their own stack and I was not going to leave my laptop there once we have finished plotting.

Second problem was trying to create a memory direct into the stack. I followed the manual but the desk seemed to get stuck when I had pressed the record memory key while in stack recording mode. A message on the display said set faders and release however nothing was stored and that message remained on the display except when in menus until I did a self test reset of the desk. This is less of an issue than the non working SD but will make plotting a bit longer to do.

Help!

Thanks  Kevan

Parents
  • The first sounds like the SD card is either broken or incompatible with SmartFade for some reason, perhaps the formatting.

• 'Standard' SD Cards must be formatted as "FAT" or "FAT16".
    • SDHC must be formatted FAT32
      • SDHC requires SmartFade/SmartFade ML firmware v3.0.1 or newer.

- Unfortunately SD Cards can fail with no warning, and don't work in everything.
    (I have a card at home that works fine in my laptop but doesn't work at all in either of my cameras!)

Your second issue sounds like your SmartFade is running an older version of software, from before it was possible to record directly to the Stack.

You can update your console to the newest release (currently v3.0.2) using a 'standard' SD Card, or USB connection to a PC running Windows XP or 7.

To see the version of SmartFade software you are running:

[Menu] > Diagnostics > Software Version

• The first sounds like the SD card is either broken or incompatible with SmartFade for some reason, perhaps the formatting.

• 'Standard' SD Cards must be formatted as "FAT" or "FAT16".
    • SDHC must be formatted FAT32
      • SDHC requires SmartFade/SmartFade ML firmware v3.0.1 or newer.

- Unfortunately SD Cards can fail with no warning, and don't work in everything.
    (I have a card at home that works fine in my laptop but doesn't work at all in either of my cameras!)

Your second issue sounds like your SmartFade is running an older version of software, from before it was possible to record directly to the Stack.

You can update your console to the newest release (currently v3.0.2) using a 'standard' SD Card, or USB connection to a PC running Windows XP or 7.

To see the version of SmartFade software you are running:

[Menu] > Diagnostics > Software Version

Children
  • Still struggling with this. I have now tried 3 cards with following results:

Tevion 2GB card: used this before to update desk to 3.0.2.9.0.43 this card seems to be recognised and the desk seems to write happily to this card however no files are visible to either the desk or my macbook pro. The desk also cannot see files written to the card from the desk created by smartsoft.

JVC 8Mb card. produced no card error, reformatted to FAT on mac still not recognised wil not allow save process t start

Sandisc 2Gb will start save process including naming of file then gives no card error.

The desk was running 3.0.2.9.0.43 when I had the problem with stack cues. I am still struggling with key sequence to record a cue direct to the stack

Thanks for help

Kevan

Related