Palettes

Something strange is happening!i've not used the desk for a while, although others have!!

When I try to recall a palette, nothing happens. The button lights up, but the 24keys just stay selected to MEMS.

Any ideas? I've tried turning it off and on, don't fancy restoring the software tonight! 

Parents
  • Hi there -

Some questions:

1) You have devices patched?

2) You have selected devices you want to apply the palette to?

3) When you press FOCUS, COLOR or BEAM you see lit buttons corresponding to your palettes?

The 24 keys don't map to memories, so I'm a little confused about what you mean they stay selected to MEMS. Could you provide some more details?

If you would like direct help, I suggest contacting our Technial Services department at 800-688-4116. 

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Sorry, thats not what I meant!

Everything is patched and from the DEVICE SEL page, I select the fixtures I want to modify (all with palettes set up for them) and press any of the palette buttons (Colour, beam and position). The LED's don't change to show the palettes (turn orange or to show the colour mixing for those fixtures.). They remain showing the selected fixtures. When I press the palette button, the LED on that button lights up, but nothing else happens.

Using 1.2 software.  

• Please try this and let us know the outcome:

1st, save the show to SD card.

Next, go to menu Settings > Erase > All.  Erase the console then re-load the show.  Do you get the same problem with the palette operation?

If yes then make a deep-clear:

turn off console, turn on holding MENU until the test menu appears.  Press MENU to advance through each test unitl the memory test.  The mem test does a complete erasure of everything.  At the end of the mem test select [NO] for 'firmware upgrade'.  turn off the console and re-start normally.  Now load the show.  Is the palette problem now gone?

If the problem is still there it could be a corrupted showfile, in which case please send the showfile to me at adam.bennette(at)etcconnect.com (type correct @ symbol in place of (at).

• New version SmartFade ML 2.0.1 has now (7th May2008) been posted on our website for download.  This version corects a problem with storage of palette values.  Readers of this thread are advised to load this new version wheich will correct the reported problems.
Reply Children
No Data
Related