smartpack logic chip

I have a Smartfade ML controlling a number of smartpacks with 12 fixtures each. In one 6 channel section on one dimmer I get random flashing lights when they are suppose to be on at 100%. Usually happens after things have warmed up a bit, and yes all the connections and lights are good.

My network tells me I should be looking for a replacement logic chip in the dimmer. Does this sound familiar or correct?

• Your first step of checking good connections is definitely the right start.  A six channel pack that is powered by three phases will have 2 channels powered by each phase.  You may want to check the output wiring configuration.  Likely though an incorrect positioning of wires would result in Non-Dim functionality of the incorrectly wired output.  The wiring configurations are shown on the following SmartPack Setup Guide: http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/SmartPack_Portable_Setup_Guide_RevB.pdf

If this is not the problem, I believe that there we will likely need to troubleshoot deeper than we reasonably can over the forum. In case you have not worked with our phone support department, they are absolute rock stars.  Please feel free to call our service department at (800) 688-4116.  We will continue to work through the problem till it is resolved.

If troubleshooting by phone is not possible, you can contact me by email at jdunnum@etcconnect.com and I will personally make sure that you get resolution to the observed problem.

Thanks,

Jake Dunnum

Technical Product Manager

Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• thanks. i'll call and see how that goes.
Related