Miss Question, issues, etc

(I am currently out of town...on vacation...where it is much much warmer, so I will not be in front of the console for a week)

The other day I was working with a customer with their smartfadeML and smartsoft, and here is my list (as I can remember, because the actual list got left in my car at the airport) of issues/question in no particular order.  I dont know if any of these have been addressed or not already:

- Pallets:  When I edit a pallet in smartsoft, it does NOT update on the console.  I recorded some Focus pallets with just device 1 & 2.  In smartsoft I added focus values to devices 3 & 4.  The new values did not carry over to the console. 

-There are two buttons on the top of the screen displayed on most of the tabs: [SM] and [MS]  What are they????

-The first time I went to save the show (system tab - save) the universe 2 device patch just went away.  The show seemed to save after the patch cleared.

-When you set the looping conditions of a sequence the terminology on the smartfadeML and in smartsoft is not consistent (I cant remember specifics right now)

-On more than once, I lost intensity control of my revolutions (when controlled by Parameter 1)  All of the other parameters (pan, tilt, etc) worked fine.  The only solution I found was to cycle power on the smartfadeML

-Every now and then, the smartfadeML display will refuse to display parameters of devices.  It will show INT A, INT B, INT D, but when you select PAR1 or PAR2, it will still display INT D.

-This one I suspect is a windows thing, but running XP pro, if the smartfadeML is powered down then up then the ONLY way smartsoft drivers will reload (when not logged in as administrator  ) is to log out and and back in to windows.  Just restarting smartsoft causes windows to want an administrator's password.  If you just log in with the smartfadeML already plugged in, then you are fine.

-How does once see, in smartsoft, if a sequence or stack has an effect in it?  The effect edit tab is the only reference to effects that I can find in smartsoft.  What am I missing?

Thats my list as I can remember it.  Thanks

Bruce klotz

theatrix Inc

Related