Martin MAC 250 Wash not opening iris on Smartfade ML

I have a pair of MAC 250 Wash's that mirror each other and are running through our Smartfade ML board.  Everything seems to work (pan, tilt, etc), however, I can't get the iris to open.  They have their own 40-DMX channel range (I tried setting several different ones just to make sure), but no dice running them off the board.  Turning on the test sequence produces light, so they lights are functioning correctly.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

~Chris

Parents
  • Erm, the Mac 250 Wash doesn't have an iris!

Do you mean the dimmer/shutter?

The Mac 250 Wash works pefectly on my Smartfade ML - here's a few things to check:

• Make sure the Mac 250 Washes are in "16 Bt" mode.
      • The "16 Ex" Extended mode doesn't offer any benefit to ML users, as ML doesn't do 16-bit CMY or intensity.
    • "Home" the fixtures.
      • If the Strobe attribute is at zero the dimmer will not open.
    Given that pan and tilt are working, the chances are that you've got the Strobe attribute at zero. Select the fixtures and double-tap the [Home] key - that should do it for you.

[edited by: Richard at 2:30 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 16 2008]
  • Thanks for the tips!  You're right, I spent too long in the photography world ;-)  I meant dimmer....d'oh.

I tried what you suggested and was not able to get the dimmers to come up.  However...I did get the lights to come on for about 10 seconds.  I don't know why it worked, but by moving the Intensity and Strobe faders up and down together, it would work.  I got it to work once on the original device, then I could only repeat it by patching a new device.  It doesn't immediately happen though, it's almost random.

Now, however, all my DMX channels are messed up. Something happened in the upper device patches and I have no idea what it did.

• Thanks for the tips!  You're right, I spent too long in the photography world ;-)  I meant dimmer....d'oh.

I tried what you suggested and was not able to get the dimmers to come up.  However...I did get the lights to come on for about 10 seconds.  I don't know why it worked, but by moving the Intensity and Strobe faders up and down together, it would work.  I got it to work once on the original device, then I could only repeat it by patching a new device.  It doesn't immediately happen though, it's almost random.

Now, however, all my DMX channels are messed up. Something happened in the upper device patches and I have no idea what it did.

Children
No Data
Related