issue with recording memories

I recorded a few looks using rec all and popped them in the memory faders. When I call back those faders for some reason the lamps begin to strobe, even though I did not record them strobing. I had an effect set as a strobe, I recorded over that and made it an infinity effect. I raise up my memory fader and now my lamps are doing the effect. Why is the effects that I recorded affecting my mem mode (with go button lit)

None of the memories I recorded by using rec all had any effects running in them.

I would love to be able to upload my show file and send it to people to look at for me, but when i record to a disk, not all the info is recorded. Im not sure if this is a sd card issue, a issue with my console, or just a random issue

• Is it possible that you left the effect running live without knowing it? I make a habit to hold [clear] and hit [effect] regularly after using effects live. This clears all running effects.

I'm not sure at all why you're show is not recording! Try recording to SD card and uploading anyway. maybe Anders can tell something from the show file. Please also post what software you are running. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version 2.0.

David

• I am also curious to understand more about the problem you report when recording show files. What is missing when you record to the SD card? And, how do you see this?

Please upload a show file anyway and I will have a look. If you can point out what is missing, that would help. 

• The things I have noticed missing are random beam pallettes, I recorded 1-10 and 13-20. When I save to my sd card and load the file into smartsoft the beam pallettes in 13-20 disappear. Also any effects I have edited and saved also disappear.
  • Sorry for the delay. I thought I had responded to you about our findings, but apparently I didn't do it in this thread.

We have discovered a problem with the storage of Color and Beam palettes in SFML (with help from the show file that you sent). If you don't have content in the corresponding Focus palette, Color and Beam information won't get stored into the show file properly.

We will fix this in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, you can make sure that you have recorded some information in the Focus palettes (it can be anything). Then storage should work fine. 

Sorry for the inconveniance. 

Related