Move Dark and other questions

I am trying to understand how the Move Dark function operates properly.  I am using just one small LED wash mover parked on my workbench to learn and experiment with (Blizzard Flurry Q)

I have programed three memories, each with a different color and focus locations. they work fine on their own.

I have recording those memories into the stack with the Move Dark button On (lit up) but when I playback the stack  they stay lit.  

I have tried manualy selecting the Move Dark during the scene changes. I have tried turing on & off the Move Dark function in Smartsoft. to no avail.

Do I need to assign the Move Dark to a parameter,  such as intensity, in order for it to work?

Other questions

1. Is it possable to change the speed when manually moving from one Focus Palette to another (i.e.. speed up the move from F1 to F2)

2 what do  the "aspect" and "rotation" numbers represent in the Shapes Effect settings.  The extreme setting just seem to make the fixture jittery.

I will be back with smart soft questions shortly.

Parents
  • The "Move Dark" function is to pre-position your lights. The console never presumes to turn a light off unless you've told it to do so.

For example: Record a stack that looks like this:

1. Light at 0%
    2. Light at 100%, In Red, Pointed DSR
    3. Light at 0%
    4. Light at 100%, in Green, Pointed USL
    5. Light at 50%, in Blue, Pointed DSC

If you run this with Move Dark turned off, this happens:

1. Light is off
    2. Light fades up to 100% while turning red and moving to DSR
    3. Lights fades out without changing colour or moving
    4. Light fades up to 100% while turning green and moving USL
    5. Light fades down to 50% while turning green and moving DSC

If you run this exact same stack with Move Dark turned on, this happens:

1. Light is off.
      1. It invisibly turns red and moves to DSR
    2. Light fades up to 100% without changing colour or moving
    3. Light fades out without changing colour or moving.
      1. It turns green and moves USL
    4. Light fades up without changing colour or moving
    5. Light fades down to 50% while turning green and moving DSC

Move Dark is automatically adding in those "(a)" cues to ensure the light doesn't move or change colour while turning on.
    If it's already on, then the console assumes you want that "live move" and leaves it alone.

Finally:

The "Palette Time" sets how long moves take from the Palette Bump Buttons.

• [Menu] > Setup > FCB Times

This is also where you set the Move Dark Time. Both default to 1 second.

In Effect Shapes: "Aspect" is "how squashed", "rotation" rotates the entire shape.
    Eg Squashing the Circle effect gives you an oval, which you could rotate so the long radius runs SL<>SR or US<>DS or something in between.

• Do I need to record a memory of the light at 0% intensity to add to the stack so I can get the "Light is off" scene. (your #1 and #3) Thanks for you help
Reply Children
Related