patching D40's

Trying to patch D40 Lustr+ with Stage choice on the ML. The only selection I can find is D40Lustr+Dir+S and it is only 9 channels. I want to set the fixtures for Stage which require 14 channels. The only way I have been able to get any results is select General instead of Stage which is 9 channels and Direct for the DMX Profile. When I select Stage the fixture comes on all led's full and won't operate at all from the ML. When I go into advanced and select Direct then it switches from 14 channels to 9 channels and partially works on the ML. When I go back and select Stage again it goes back to 14 channels and it comes back on full on its own.

Doing something wrong?

Parents Reply Children
  • Here is what is in the library: (Note: no ETC Selador, just ETC D40 D40FireDirect+S, D40FireHSI+S, D40FireHSIC+S, D40FireRGB+S, D40FireStudio+S, D40IceDirect+S, D40IceHSI+S, D40IceHSIC+S, D40IceRGB+S, D40IceStudio+S, D40Lustr+Dir+S, D40Lustr+HSI+S, D40Lustr+HSIC+S, D40Lustr+RGB+S, D40Lustr+Studio+S, D40StudioStudio+S, D40VividDirec+S, D40VividHSI+S, D40VividHSIC+S, D40VividRGB+S, D40VividStudio+S. I have the Lustr+ series. No Vivid, Fire or Ice.
  • Also if it matters - Software Version SF ML:3.0.2.9.0.43 Personalities:7.5.3
  • ah sorry jeff, didn't realize that you posted this in smartfade forum, i thought it was about your ion.
  • i just looked at the contents of the most recent library for smartfade, which is 10.4.0 (to be found here: http://community.etcconnect.com/control_consoles/f/12/t/9865 ) and it lists quick setups General, High Impact, Studio, XT Architectural. all the +7 modes (which includes QS stage) are not there, probably because smartfade doesn't understand the parameters RedAdjust, GreenAdjust and so on. i guess, you will have to look for a different mode on smartfade
  • Makes sense. Thanks. Last night, since I couldn't find that mode I decided to patch with General Direct DMX 9 channels and in case something came up to allow Stage I could re-patch. When I patched in General Direct DMX I came up with an interesting thing picking colors and I posted it with no replies as of yet. Basically every color picked includes white full, so I had to turn off white in every color and re-record that particular palette. Now when picking the colors white is off. That was a lot of extra work and can't be right. White follows for some reason and I don't understand why. Also when I recorded red with red only at full and all other colors at zero, red comes up with a trace of indigo and green in it. Can't get rid of that.
Related