patching D40's

Trying to patch D40 Lustr+ with Stage choice on the ML. The only selection I can find is D40Lustr+Dir+S and it is only 9 channels. I want to set the fixtures for Stage which require 14 channels. The only way I have been able to get any results is select General instead of Stage which is 9 channels and Direct for the DMX Profile. When I select Stage the fixture comes on all led's full and won't operate at all from the ML. When I go into advanced and select Direct then it switches from 14 channels to 9 channels and partially works on the ML. When I go back and select Stage again it goes back to 14 channels and it comes back on full on its own.

Doing something wrong?

Parents
  • Does anyone know the answer to this? I am getting ready to install the D40's and SFML and don't know what to tell them - When I patched the Selador Lustre+ D40's in General Direct DMX I discovered an interesting thing picking colors and I posted it with no replies as of yet. Basically every color picked in the Smart Fade ML automatic generated selections includes white @ full with the color, so I had to turn off white in each color, one at a time and re-record that particular palette with white off. Now when picking the colors white is off. That was a lot of extra work and can't be right. White follows for some reason and I don't understand why. Also when I recorded red with red only at full and all other colors at zero, red comes up with a trace of indigo and green in it. Can't get rid of that. In addition, might be normal b4 I re-recorded each color pallette but now when I pick a color the lcd's only show C1, C2, etc. for each color (white, red, green, blue, etc.) of the fixture and I have no idea what values they are because of that. I know for sure that b4 I re-recorded them white showed 100 rather than now as C1.
  • Just like on the larger consoles, the Console and Fixture must be in the same mode.

SmartFade ML is a small console and it is therefore unable to support Desire and Source Four LED "+7" modes.
    See the library contents HTML for all the supported modes, this can be downloaded from the product page here:
    http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Smart-Family/SmartFade-ML/Software.aspx

Use the HSI+S mode. This is HSI mode with Strobe enabled.

Finally, SmartFade ML is a moving light console.
    If you pick a colour by applying a palette (those buttons are palettes!) it shows the palette (F1-24, C1-24, B1-24), the same as on any moving light console.

• Sorry I think I'm missing something. The fixture D40Lustr+Dir+S is both on the ML console as well as Yes in the supported list you referred me to. I have that selected as the patch and have the fixture itself set on General Direct. I don't follow it is not supported and I must use HSI+S. Also I would like to include a photo but this late it's too difficult to get it from my phone to this post but when I pick any one of the patched D40 fixtures then the color button the left lcd window shows Red with [C1 ] under it on the left side, the center shows COLOR with Mix under it and the right side Green with [C1 ] under it. The right window shows Indigo in the center with [C1 ] under it and 3: with 2/4 under it on the right side of the window. So not sure where the F1-24, etc is supposed to be showing.
  • Sorry I think I'm missing something. The fixture D40Lustr+Dir+S is both on the ML console as well as Yes in the supported list you referred me to. I have that selected as the patch and have the fixture itself set on General Direct. I don't follow it is not supported and I must use HSI+S. Also I would like to include a photo but this late it's too difficult to get it from my phone to this post but when I pick any one of the patched D40 fixtures then the color button the left lcd window shows Red with [C1 ] under it on the left side, the center shows COLOR with Mix under it and the right side Green with [C1 ] under it. The right window shows Indigo in the center with [C1 ] under it and 3: with 2/4 under it on the right side of the window. So not sure where the F1-24, etc is supposed to be showing.
Children
  • I mean that SmartFade ML does not support the modes where the "+7" option is enabled.

As Direct mode does not have +7 enabled, it is supported. There are many supported modes, HSI+S is simply the one I recommend for SmartFade ML.

Finally, SmartFade ML has three different types of palette:

C1 is "Colour Palette 1"

F1 is "Focus Palette 1"

B1 is "Beam Palette 1"

• So it brings me back to why White is always on full for every color selection and I had to record all the palettes again with white off, which I can't imagine is correct. AND why indigo or blue as well as green are on faintly when I record Red at full with all others off. I realize there are 3 types of palettes. My point is the color C palette only shows C1 or C2 or C3 with no value, as you indicated above.
  • Hello, the problem may be simple to solve: The white channel is not part of the colour mixing system, it is separate and placed on fader #6 in param fader mode. Take fader 6 to zero and all the colours from palettes and the hue-sat faders should be correct. When a new device is patched all the colours are set to full, including white. This is so a home colour will produce some output the first time you raise the intensity fader. Adam
  • To cut this up a bit and help me understand it better: The color mixing system is what generates the color choices that appear when a fixture is selected and the color button is pressed? It's not actual made up palettes for the fixtures when they are created? Take fader #6 to zero when? Running on the fly. Pick a fixture, pick color, pick one of the 24 colors available, white is always on full. When do we take fader #6 to zero? Please give me the steps to do that on the fly or otherwise. All the colors are set to full, including white. Then why when a color is selected all of the colors aren't at full except white? I understand homing. That's never been a part of my question. And finally, why would indigo or blue (can't tell which one exactly it is) and green always show up when I recorded Red with ONLY Red on full and all other colors at zero? This makes me wonder if all the other colors have traces of colors that don't belong but since every color only shows the C (color) number and no value I don't know that and don't know what to fix.
  • Sorry all. I know you are all trying to help me but there is a terrible communication error going on and it appears the answers to my two issues are not coming. :-( I will leave all 24 color palettes that I re-recorded with White at zero as is and just accept Red means Red at 100 with some Indigo or blue and some green included, even though they were set to zero when I recorded them.
Related