Upgrading to LED Lamps

Will I be able to replace the lamps that I have in my can lights with LED lamps? We are currently using a Levion NSI MC 6300 as our light console and Unison DR12 dimmers.

• (not really the correct forum but anyway...) If you mean replacing the incandescent lamps with drop-in LED lamps...then you will most likely be very disappointed if using them on stage. There are very few LED lamps that will dim below 1%, and they really do not work well when there is more than 1 lamp on a circuit ( at low levels, as each lamp's power supply powers up, it's load will change the line voltage...which will effect the other lamps...you end up with lots of flickering) If you thought dimmable fluorescents worked poorly..... Also, the DR12 doesn't support ELV10's modules (reverse phase -- what will work best) and the standard D20 does not play well with loads below about 35 watts. So unless you need them to run as on/off non-dims, then the only good solution is going to be a DMX controlled LED fixtures. There is a good reason the D60's are in high demand. Good luck
Related