need setting to recieve MSC data from smartfade ml?

hi all: 

i used a usb-midi cable connect  smartfade ml and pc(windows xp), after connecting i think it should be work well, and i use a software (usb monitor) to check if there have dataflow throw that usb port, but nothing happen

so shall i do another setting on the console? where is wrong?

thanks 

Parents
  • Have you activated MSC and set a proper device ID in the MSC Device Id menu?

You should see MSC commands when operating the playback of the ML (GO, Pause, Back).

What specific commands are you planning to use?

• hi Anders Ekvall:

now i can get data from smartfade ml

when i pressed GO

i got the data:

first byte              : 0x7d

second byte         : 0x0

and status           : 0xc1

i am not sure what means of status field, and where can i get these explanation ?

and i would like to get other information such as which step is running when pressed GO, and how many steps in the list, can i get that info?

thanks

• This doesn't look as MSC data at all.

MSC data is sent within a System Exclusive packet (starting with F0 and ending with F7).  What you list above isn't even a valid MIDI message.

Do you see any System Exclusive messages at all? 

Are you familiar with the structure of MSC?

About other information: No information about the current step or the number of steps can be sent on MIDI. 

• This doesn't look as MSC data at all.

MSC data is sent within a System Exclusive packet (starting with F0 and ending with F7).  What you list above isn't even a valid MIDI message.

Do you see any System Exclusive messages at all? 

Are you familiar with the structure of MSC?

About other information: No information about the current step or the number of steps can be sent on MIDI. 

Children
No Data
Related