Backup Mode: Not shure how to copy external cues into SF 1248

Tried to copy 24 cues from a Behringer Eurolite into my new SF1248 via backup mode:

settings:

DMX-IN: to memory; Data loss: keep

Started console in backup mode, connected the Behringer DMX OUT to SF DMX-IN, Fdr 1 + GrandMaster up; Bumper 1 blinking strongly red.

recalled the first cue on the Behringer, hit REC-MEM and bumper #1. recalled next cue, hit REC-MEM and bumper #2 and so on.

restarted the SmartFade in normal mode, hit MEMs:  bumper #1 is still blinking strongly red. No cues were recorded, all mems are empty.

Till then, memory #1 (first layer) is no longer programmable, still blinking strongly red, never recording something.

deleted everything - memory #1 (first layer) is still not capable recording something.

At least, I re-installed the firmware (3.0.2.9.0.43) - issue solved.

Did I something wrong, when backup'ing?

THX, Hans

Parents
  • --- ok, some update to this issue: re-did this backup thing in a quiet place and a clean setup:
    defined the "last" fader as DMX-IN channel, programmed a couple of mem`s with DMX-IN data - everything worked well.
    Still in backup mode, I could play back the stored memories.
    As I could see in the ascii editor, all mem settings are stored in another area, called "backup looks"; they are not transferrable into normal memories, right?
  • --- ok, some update to this issue: re-did this backup thing in a quiet place and a clean setup:
    defined the "last" fader as DMX-IN channel, programmed a couple of mem`s with DMX-IN data - everything worked well.
    Still in backup mode, I could play back the stored memories.
    As I could see in the ascii editor, all mem settings are stored in another area, called "backup looks"; they are not transferrable into normal memories, right?
Children
No Data
Related