Smartfade ML won't start completely and won't enter self test mode

Help!!! I was trying to update the firmware on my Smartfade ML from (I think) 2.x to 3.0.2 and had to step away for a bit.  When I came back it was asking me to connect USB or insert SD card.  When I tried reconnecting to my computer it still was saying that.  So I unplugged the power from the ML and plugged it back in.  I was expecting it to start like normal.  Instead it said booting then went straight to connect USB or insert SD card.  So I unplugged again and tried to get it to start in self test mode again and it still gives me the same options and does not start self test mode.  I have tried putting the firmware on the SD card and putting it in the board, connecting to my PC, and all I get is the board scrolling from the etc website to connect USB to insert SD card to the firmware which is now 1.0.0.9.0.004. Does anyone know how to get the board running again?

Parents Reply Children
  • I did. My computer did not download a clean file. I thought I had deleted it and then redownloaded it, but I hadn't cleared the incomplete download completely from my computer and the incomplete download is what my computer kept trying to load. Once I actually got it off my computer and redownloaded it, I was able to reupload the firmware and it's been great ever since.
Related