Spurious Channels recorded using 'Rec All'

Smartfade ML running Software 2.0.1.9.0.28

At the weekend I had a simple show using only conventionals. Before I started I cleared the desk using 'Erase All'. No devices were patched.

The show comprised 7 static states and 1 chase (made from 3 of the static states),

Programming was a case of setting a look on INTA and INTB pages and then using 'REC ALL' to save the look. However, on checking the memories back, channels which had not been on when REC ALL was pressed had been recorded into the memories. I'd always assumed that REC ALL was a WYSIWYG function as far as intensities were concerned; if the lamp was on it's get recorded, if it wasn't it wouldn't.

Has anyone else seen this or am I going mad? I'm going to try and recreate the situation here in the office.

Parents
  • Ok, the good news is I can repeat it and the errors make their way in the .ASC showfile.

It looks like the first step of the sequence gets recorded along with other channels even though it's not faded in.

• And here's how to recreate it...

MENU -> SETUP -> ERASE -> EARSE ALL -> YES -> YES

Fader 2 =100%, Fader 13=100%, 'REC ALL' 'BUMP1', Fader 2 =0%, Fader 13=0%

Fader 3 =100%, Fader 15=100%, 'REC ALL' 'BUMP1', Fader 3 =0%, Fader 15=0%

Fader 5 =100%, Fader 18=100%, 'REC ALL' 'BUMP1', Fader 5 =0%, Fader 18=0%

'REQ SEQ' 'BUMP13' 'MEMS' 'BUMP1' 'BUMP2' 'BUMP3' 'REQ SEQ'

Fader 13 = 100% <<<<< chase runs on output

Fader 13 = 0% <<<<chase stops 

'INTA'

Fader 4 =100%, Fader 16=100%, 'REC ALL' 'BUMP11', Fader 4 =0%, Fader 16=0%

'MEMS'

Raising fader 11 will bring in channels 4 and 16 correctly but also channels from one step of the
    chase.

If you don't preview the chase then everything works OK. 

[edited by: Brian at 7:59 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jun 17 2008]
  • Hello,

I have confirmed the bug you describe.  Thank you for the good detailed description.  This will be fixed in the next version.  It is on the urgent list.

Reply Children
No Data
Related