USB to DMX

Hey,

I am waiting for the Smartsoft to come put on mac (only days away) but in the mean time i am looking for the best USB to DMX dongle to use.  Does anyone have any advice when looking at these and what kinda prices am i going to come across??

Cheers 

Parents
  • First of all, before even considering the extensive list of USB>DMX dongles, you must choose your software.

There is no such thing as a 'universal' USB>DMX dongle, as the vast majority of lighting control software suppliers require that you use their USB>DMX dongle.

Due to this, the price varies from 'Under $100' to 'Well over $1000', which may or may not include the software.

[edited by: Richard at 4:51 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jul 14 2008]
  • First of all, before even considering the extensive list of USB>DMX dongles, you must choose your software.

There is no such thing as a 'universal' USB>DMX dongle, as the vast majority of lighting control software suppliers require that you use their USB>DMX dongle.

Due to this, the price varies from 'Under $100' to 'Well over $1000', which may or may not include the software.

[edited by: Richard at 4:51 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jul 14 2008]
Children
No Data
Related