A few problems with Looped Sequences

hello everybody.

i am a new smartfade ml user. we use the console in a club. we work a lot with looped sequences going on the beat, since the light has to keep on moving to the music.

i like the table, but i am having some problems here that i need help with,

- any running chases (these are typically looped sequences working with dimmer channels) seem to be reset (come to a halt) seemingly at random when bumping memories in solo mode. sometimes they keep running, sometimes they just stop. i have tried to figure it out, could not find any logic here. is this a bug?

this is my main concern, since it happens 50x a night and when it happens, it disturbs my show.

also,

- bump a chase in solo mode does not seem to work.

- pausing a chase by bumping it does not work. (these two would be really useful for our purpose)

and

- whenever there's a chase running in -say- memory bank 1, and i go elsewhere and return to bank 1, there is no indication what chase is running, which can be difficult especially when i have played with and thus changed the faders.

thanks for your attention,

gido.

[edited by: Gido at 12:52 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 17 2008]
Parents
  • Hello Gido,

- any running chases (these are typically looped sequences working with dimmer channels) seem to be reset (come to a halt) seemingly at random when bumping memories in solo mode. sometimes they keep running, sometimes they just stop.

I have tried this and can confirm that you have discovered a bug.  We will fix it as soon as possible.

- whenever there's a chase running in -say- memory bank 1, and i go elsewhere and return to bank 1, there is no indication what chase is running, which can be difficult especially when i have played with and thus changed the faders.

The bump button blinks to show it is active on a different page, when you return to the original page the bump becomes lit in red/green again.  In SmartSoft the fader level bar changes colour, yellow indicating a seq that is running.

Thank you for the feedback

• Hello Gido,

- any running chases (these are typically looped sequences working with dimmer channels) seem to be reset (come to a halt) seemingly at random when bumping memories in solo mode. sometimes they keep running, sometimes they just stop.

I have tried this and can confirm that you have discovered a bug.  We will fix it as soon as possible.

The bump button blinks to show it is active on a different page, when you return to the original page the bump becomes lit in red/green again.  In SmartSoft the fader level bar changes colour, yellow indicating a seq that is running.

Thank you for the feedback

Children
  • hello adam,

ha! it's good to know people will try to fix this asap. lovely. :-)

were you talking about both the concerns you quoted?

some kind of indication would make things more easy to understand.

what about the pause option in running looped sequences? i have always been able to 'freeze' everything with a single button, it's a neat option when you have to perform in improvisation to dance music. for instance, when the beat stops. and then, when it comes back, whoosh! everything moves again.

btw. it's nice that the table responds rather fast. that's very important from my point of view. :-)

thanks again.

Related