Recording the Stack

I have a qustion regarding recording to the Stack on a SmartFade 2496. Is it possible to record sets of memories or more than one board channel at a time to a step? I'm in need of recording in a similar fashion to a full light board where I can customize each cue with different levels, but I can not do so with the limited number of memory slots on the board. Is this possible, or am I stuck with general lighting?

I only ask as I need to record 7 shows into the board, using memory cards to store on, but I can't store enough memories to contain each different scene I need.

Thanks,

Drew

Parents
  • IMHO a possible work around would be to save the combination of the memories you want, into a new memory, and saving that one into the stack... but this takes even more memories. To add the amount of possible steps in the stack you can also use the steps in between the numbers . you can use 1.1, 1.2, 1.3... 2.1... and so on, greatly increasing the amount of possible stack steps. I think you can have 199 steps in one stack list.

J

• Jeroen, what do you mean by new memory? From what I know, and that isn't much, I have a single set of 44 memories to work with. Is this not correct?

I think I'm find on the number of steps. We have 99 available, and each show should take no more than 30. I will place in the x.x cues if needed.

Anders, that is fantastic news. Except for the fact my shows go up on the 4th. I have to have it all programmed by this Friday. It's minimalistic theater, so I'm just telling directors to work with our general lighting so I can hopefully stick with few memories and not customize each step.

[edited by: compnerd at 1:22 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 26 2008]
  • You have 44 memory sliders, but have 12 memory pages.  Just press and hold [MEMS] and it will ask for the page #.  Press the bump button of the page you want to go to.  For instance, for page 2, press & Hold [MEMS] and press bump [2] and it will switch to page 2.  If you press the [MEMS] button twice(double click) it will revert back to Page 1 automatically.
  • You have 44 memory sliders, but have 12 memory pages.  Just press and hold [MEMS] and it will ask for the page #.  Press the bump button of the page you want to go to.  For instance, for page 2, press & Hold [MEMS] and press bump [2] and it will switch to page 2.  If you press the [MEMS] button twice(double click) it will revert back to Page 1 automatically.
Children
Related