96 intensities on smartfade ML

Hi all,

I´m concidering Smartfade ML for our theatre. Our presto is doing a good job but I often miss the possibility of adding some moving lights. The problem here is that the venue has 96 dimmers installed. I never use all of them but I would be a fool to buy a desk that can´t control them. Would it be possible to have a 24ch dimmer as a device? With two of these I would have a 96 dimmer desk with moving capabilities.

Regads

Viktor

Parents
  • It's worth considering whether you really need all 96 dimmers to be controlled independently.  The Smartfade ML has 48 intensity-only channels available that can have multiple dimmers patched to them.  I disagree that the ML doesn't fit your needs just because you have 96 dimmers.  It all depends on how you're going to make use of it.

That said, there may be other reasons why a Congo Jr would be better for you.  The similarity in syntax would make learning very quick, and it's obviously a much more powerful console--both with conventionals and moving lights.

• It's worth considering whether you really need all 96 dimmers to be controlled independently.  The Smartfade ML has 48 intensity-only channels available that can have multiple dimmers patched to them.  I disagree that the ML doesn't fit your needs just because you have 96 dimmers.  It all depends on how you're going to make use of it.

That said, there may be other reasons why a Congo Jr would be better for you.  The similarity in syntax would make learning very quick, and it's obviously a much more powerful console--both with conventionals and moving lights.

Children
  • Hi again,

Thanx for your answers. Mpenisten, good point there about not needing to control them all independently. Though I guess the old presto will have to continue doing a good job (once in a while accompanied by an e:cue-laptop for moving).

I´ll get the smartfadeML for our concerthall instead. That way I still get to hang out here with you guys.

Related