Recording Effects

I'm trying to record an effect into a memory, and I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong...  The fixtures are selected, I'm running a shape effect and see it working in Capture, and seems like I should be able to just record the memory as usual.  But, if I hit Record All or Record Selected and record a memory it ignores the effect and stores only the original focus.  Do I need to do something else to get it to remember the effect?

-Matt

• I just played around with this and you need to turn off the GO MODE & INT ONLY buttons for the Memory Pages.  Then when you bring the memory fader up, it will run the effect.  Not ideal in my opinion.  You can also record into the stack directly (recording state), but the MOVE DARK option needs to be off when you record this step.  I hope this gets fixed in the next release.
  • Hmm...  Yes, you're right.  The effect does run if you turn off GO MODE & INT ONLY, but that keeps me from using this the way I was intending to use it.  I really hope this gets fixed soon.
  • The company I work for just purchased this console and I've been wondering what I've been doing wrong (and manually applying the effects) on the several events we've had since we got it.  I am disappointed that it's not user error preventing me from bumping memories to activate effects as that is the easiest way to run memories (I like to be able to at position lights before turning their intensity on, and it sorta defeats the purpose of having dimable memories if by dimming a memory half-way moves your lights out of position or otherwise changes the behavior of the lights in the elastic mode).

As an aside for other people with this problem, an option that almost fixes it is running GO MODE but not INT ONLY and at least in smartsoft it runs the way I want except for scaling down the effect and not running the effect at all when the intensity is down. When I go to the shop tomorrow I'll double check that this actually works on the console and edit this post if it's different on the actual console.

Anyways for the ETC people, are there any plans to make effects run on memories with GO MODE+INT ONLY both on?

Thanks,

Sam

• Hi all -

Thank you for the report. We have verified this and will be fixing it in the next release of software, expected to release in early April. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks -

Sarah

Related