New at SmartFadeML - and a few questions

Hi there

Being new at the SmartFade ML a couple of questions has come up!

Groups - isn't it possible to create a group with intensetives only (ch 1-48)?

Pallets - is it possible to apply a time for a pallet - like if going from one colour to another?

Effects - I've found out that if I go into efftects, create a new one and then select fan, I'm able to adjust the offset of the effect. Now this affects all of the effects - right? Isn't there a way to do it just for the one selected?

And also with effects - if I record them down on a fader - how do I make it stop once I take down the fader again?

But a nice desk for sure!

Kenneth

[edited by: kj_dk at 6:51 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Oct 14 2008]
  • Hi Kenneth!

Welcome to SmartFade ML!

Regarding Groups - as designed, only devices get "selected" in SmartFade-style consoles. Intensity channels are directly adjusted using the channel faders, not via the parameter controls, so there's no group concept for them. It is an interesting idea, though, for SFML where we have the intensity encoder/parameter fader as well. I'll have a chat with the team.

Regarding palettes, do you mean for a manual change or for a fade within a memory? It is possible to set an FCB time within a memory so that parameters fade in time. Also, there is also the Palette default time, available in the settings menu, that gets used when manually applying palettes to devices. This time defaults to 1 second.

Regarding Effects, the shape and style of the effect is stored in the effect slot, fan settings get stored in the memory. So when you apply an effect to a selection of devices and then use fan to set an offset, the offset gets recorded to the memory only. The base effect has no knowledge of devices directly, so it can't know anything about offsets. Make sense?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah

Thanks for your answers - I think I get it all...

But - leads to another couple of questions..

First off - I think the group thing would be very cool to being able to apply for the intensity channels as well - an easy way of getting all of your this and that's...

About the palettes I meant the manual change - if I was choosing it "hands on" - and I'd like a longer fade than the default 1 second... I see I can change the default one, but was just wondering if it was possible to do it with the times you just wanted "hands on"..

Think I got the thing about the effects - will try that in the morning :)

One more thing (that I'm sure I'll be able to find in the manual somewhere) - if I wanna patch a scroller (or a seachanger) with a dimmer as a device - how is that done?

Will be popping up with a lot more questions and wondering over the next couple of weeks I'm sure!

Kenneth :)

• Hi Kenneth -

There's not a way to manually apply time "on the fly" on the SmartFade ML. On Congo you can do this... ;-)

To patch a scroller or any other conventional accessory, you patch the device part to the device 1-24 as you probably expect, then you can use the patch by channel/dimmer part of the patch menu to patch the dimmer side to the D1-24 channels. D1-24 correspond to the device selects, just make sure you patch the right dimmer to the right scroller. :-) Make sense?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah

Year, I did notice this on the Congo :)

The scroller thing makes perfect sence!

Thanks!

Kenneth

Related