iSpot 575 or iSolutions 575

ok, my school (noosa district) just brought a smart fade ml and i am the lighting tech at school, i am in year 11, and the school has just been booked for 2 months with dance shows we have i spot 575's. and we are hiring some various scans(i dont know the make or modle) but i cannot figure out how to get our ispots working i tried doing a custom persnality but it was too much for me, could someone help me or know how to make the foot prints or something please i rly need some help!
Parents
  • Hi there -

I've taken a quick look and it appears that the Coemar iSpot 575 is included within the library of fixtures contained in our current Beta software. You could download that new software (included when you download the SmartSoft application) and give it a try in your console to see if you can get control of your fixtures. Assuming that all goes well, you have a couple of directions you can go - if you patch the show using the new software, you should be able to return to the older software and use that show as a base to program from (it's important that the patch is correct though because if I remember correctly, editing that patch with the older software could be problematic due to the fixture not being in the older library). Or, if you feel comfortable doing so, you can keep the newer beta software in the console and just use that. There shouldn't be problems doing that, however it is not officially released yet so there exists the possiblity that you may stumble upon something that we haven't found yet. If that's the case, please do tell us about it though!

You can download the SmartSoft beta software here. Install SmartSoft on a PC (or Mac) and then look for the folder called "Firmware Updates". The file you are looking for is called "SMRTFDML.SRC". The console's user manual contains the installation instructions for console software. Whether you choose to use the SmartSoft application or not, the fixture library will be updated when you load the console's software.

I hope this helps - if not, please contact us back here in the forums, or feel free to contact your dealer (Jands) and I'm sure they can help you out (assuming that you're in Queensland, as I expect...)

Thanks!

Sarah

Reply Children
No Data
Related