SFML & Led Fixtures

I recently developed the need for a console that can handle moving lights.  I think the SFML looks perfect for me on most levels (portable, good for live busking, relatively inexpensive) but I am not sure how it will suit my exclusively LED rig: Chauvet 196 & 200b par cans, Chauvet Min Spots, & American DJ Rainbow Tube II/ PPII controller.  Four fixtures of each but with the tubes you really just control a 4 ch. controller.  Alltogether, 56 DMX channels, if I choose to use them all.

I have read a few instances on this forum where it seemed using led fixtures was not as easy as moving lights.  Have any of these problems/issues been addressed?  How will the min spots behave?  It's an Led and a moving light.  Are these fixtures in the library & how easy is it to add them if not? 

Hopefully the console is capable of doing what I need.  If it's not, it's nice that I can get a smartfade 2496 & link 'em when I can afford to. 

Parents
  • Hello,

All the fixtures you list are in the current library of Smartfade ML.  The latest version of the console also provides a way to create custom personalities, including those using LEDs with or without Fade-With-Intensity and inverted or non-inverted values.

In the library version 4.7.2:

American DJ          Rainbow PP                                                            
    American DJ          Rainbow PP II
    Chauvet                 ColorSplash 196                                                       
    Chauvet                 ColorSplash 200B 
    Chauvet                 Min Spot                       13 channel                             
    Chauvet                 Min Spot                       5 channel                              
    Chauvet                 Min Wash                     3 channel                             
    Chauvet                 Min Wash                     5 channel

It is true that several problems existed in relation to LEDs in previous software versions.  These have since been corrected.  Please see the Forum 'SmartSoft Beta' for the latest software, soon to be formally released.

• Hello,

All the fixtures you list are in the current library of Smartfade ML.  The latest version of the console also provides a way to create custom personalities, including those using LEDs with or without Fade-With-Intensity and inverted or non-inverted values.

In the library version 4.7.2:

American DJ          Rainbow PP                                                            
    American DJ          Rainbow PP II
    Chauvet                 ColorSplash 196                                                       
    Chauvet                 ColorSplash 200B 
    Chauvet                 Min Spot                       13 channel                             
    Chauvet                 Min Spot                       5 channel                              
    Chauvet                 Min Wash                     3 channel                             
    Chauvet                 Min Wash                     5 channel

It is true that several problems existed in relation to LEDs in previous software versions.  These have since been corrected.  Please see the Forum 'SmartSoft Beta' for the latest software, soon to be formally released.

Children
Related