Connecting Smartfade ML to Mac

I have recently downloaded Smartsoft for Mac OS X and it is currently running but I am not able to get it to go "online" when I have my console plugged in. any ideas? maybe it is just something stupid I am doing or not doing.  

[edited by: DHolt at 11:56 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 5 2009]
Parents
  • First of all, have you upgraded the SmartFade ML to the same version as SmartSoft?

The versions must match as otherwise they won't connect.

Unfortunately at present you can't upgrade a SmartFade via USB from a Mac like you can from a PC, so you'll need to use an SD card.

You'll need an SD Card and an SD Card reader for your Mac. (Note that SDHC cards are not compatible)

• The update will erase the show from the SmartFade ML, so save your show first.
    • Copy the file SMRTFDML.SRC from the "Firmware Updates" subfolder of the SmartSoft installation onto the SD Card.
    • Turn the console on and hold down the [Tick] button until you see a 'Test' menu appear.
    • Hit the [Tick] button to step through the various tests.
    • It will eventually ask you to insert an SD card - insert the one you prepared earlier.
    • You'll shortly get to a menu showing "Software Update" - use the right-hand encoder to select Yes, and hit [Tick].
    • The software should now update itself from the SD Card - make sure you don't turn off the console while it's doing this!

Once the update is complete, reboot the console and you should be able to connect it to SmartSoft.

Every time we release an updated SmartSoft there will be SmartFade and SmartFade ML software included, that you'll need to apply to your console before the new version will connect.

If this doesn't work, give your local ETC a call and we'll be happy to help:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

• First of all, have you upgraded the SmartFade ML to the same version as SmartSoft?

The versions must match as otherwise they won't connect.

Unfortunately at present you can't upgrade a SmartFade via USB from a Mac like you can from a PC, so you'll need to use an SD card.

You'll need an SD Card and an SD Card reader for your Mac. (Note that SDHC cards are not compatible)

• The update will erase the show from the SmartFade ML, so save your show first.
    • Copy the file SMRTFDML.SRC from the "Firmware Updates" subfolder of the SmartSoft installation onto the SD Card.
    • Turn the console on and hold down the [Tick] button until you see a 'Test' menu appear.
    • Hit the [Tick] button to step through the various tests.
    • It will eventually ask you to insert an SD card - insert the one you prepared earlier.
    • You'll shortly get to a menu showing "Software Update" - use the right-hand encoder to select Yes, and hit [Tick].
    • The software should now update itself from the SD Card - make sure you don't turn off the console while it's doing this!

Once the update is complete, reboot the console and you should be able to connect it to SmartSoft.

Every time we release an updated SmartSoft there will be SmartFade and SmartFade ML software included, that you'll need to apply to your console before the new version will connect.

If this doesn't work, give your local ETC a call and we'll be happy to help:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

Children
No Data
Related