smartfade + smartfademl as master & slave

hi there,

my question:

is it possible to connect a smartfade 2496 and a smartfademl as master and slave? and is it possible to work with them in smartsoft, do i get 3 universes in it?

sorry for my bad english, sascha from berlin.

Parents
  • Yes, you can connect them via MIDI.

Each console must be programmed separately but they can be operated together as one large console.  Memory playback, including page changes and stack operation are connected together.

The SmartFade 2496 has a DMX input so you can merge one of the SFML universe outputs if you need to, or you can run with 3 independent universes.

It is not possible to connect two consoles to one PC running SmartSoft.  You would need two independent computers to run SmartSoft for both consoles.

To use MIDI to link the consoles go to the MIDI settings and set General MIDI channel to a number and ON.  Set the other console to the same channel and ON.  Go to MIDI > MSC ID and set to OFF on both consoles.  Connect MIDI together with one cable.  The OUT console will be the master.

Adam

• Yes, you can connect them via MIDI.

Each console must be programmed separately but they can be operated together as one large console.  Memory playback, including page changes and stack operation are connected together.

The SmartFade 2496 has a DMX input so you can merge one of the SFML universe outputs if you need to, or you can run with 3 independent universes.

It is not possible to connect two consoles to one PC running SmartSoft.  You would need two independent computers to run SmartSoft for both consoles.

To use MIDI to link the consoles go to the MIDI settings and set General MIDI channel to a number and ON.  Set the other console to the same channel and ON.  Go to MIDI > MSC ID and set to OFF on both consoles.  Connect MIDI together with one cable.  The OUT console will be the master.

Adam

Children
No Data
Related