Color Options missing after repatch

When we first recieved our SFML it was preprogrammed by the vendor with our lights. I upgraded the firmware and had to repatch the board. 

I chose the Elation Design250 16bit (which is our light) and everything works fine except for color picking. The color wheel fader/menu option works fine, but previously I could select the device, hit the color button, and 1 - 12 lit up to chose from (the pre defined color wheel options). Now when I hit the color button nothing is lit. 

Is this a result of the lastest firmware? Or did the ventor possbily setup a custom device for this? Is there a way to fix this?

Joe

Parents
  • Your light is a Design Spot 250, right?  That does not have a color mixer.  There are colour wheels of fixed colours.  Because of that the default palettes cannot be used, the default palettes represent the RGB or CMY color mix of a luminaire with a color mixing system.

You will need to make you own palettes that correspond to the actual colors present on the color wheels.

There is a trick you can use to make these colors appear on the console's palette buttons:

You will need one dummy device, let's say #24.  Patch a generic RGB device to device #24.  When you choose you real spotlights, also choose the dummy unit #24.  When you make palwettes for the real units include the dummy unit and adjust the Hue/Sat faders to make the button color resemble the actuial color in the Spotlight.

If you are using groups make sure you include the dummy unit in every group.  Now whenever you choose real lights you will also be choosing the dummy with the RGB property and the palette buttons will display the chosen colors.

• Thanks Adam that is a great trick. I will do that. Yes it is the Design Spot 250 and correct it is just a color wheel.

Just to clarify what the issue is…

Before when I selected the Design Spot 250 and then selected the color button, I did not see the rainbow of colors 1-24 like you do with a mixer, I understand it won’t because it can’t mix, but I did see 1-12 light up as white buttons. I could select a number (for example: 1 was white, 2 is red, 3 was blue, etc) and the light would change to that spot on the color wheel.

Now since I repatched it, the 1-12 no longer light up as selectable and do nothing if pushed.

Sarah I do have the vendors settings saved on the card. I also have saved my newest setup as a different show file on the card. I guess I can load up the original show to see what they did to make this work?

It’s not a big deal, but was a useful feature. (If I wanted a green light it was easier to just push color 4 then try to push the fader up on the color wheel which took a little more skill to stop at full green and not partial green/blue)

• Hi there -

This is because the vendor recorded those palettes for you when they built the show file. SFML doesn't build palettes automatically for anything but color mixers.

Thanks much!

Sarah

• Got it. Now that you said that, makes total sense.

I'll set it up as Adam suggests. Thanks again for you guys help and quick responses. Great customer service!

Reply Children
No Data
Related