Smart Soft for Mac problem

Downloaded and made a couple of prelim shows using Smart Soft ML. Just patching, groups and pallets. Really nice and looking forward to actually using the desk. However, if I open the show file again to do any editing, the show loads, but all desk functions do not work. Any ideas? This problem seriously takes away any real usefulness. I've attached my showfile.

Parents
  • Which version of SmartSoft?

Is it the public beta (SmartSoft 2.0.1.1) or the released version (SmartSoft 2.0.0.9)?

What do you mean by 'all desk functions do not work' - is this the connection to a SmartFade ML, or the integrated console simulator?

The SmartFade ML must be running exactly the same version as the copy of SmartSoft is expecting - if it is even slightly different, it will not connect.

when you have installed SmartSoft, you also need to upgrade the Smartfade ML to the version of SmartFade ML firmware included in the SmartSoft download - it should be in the SmartSoft/Firmware Updates folder, called "SMRTFDML.SRC".

On a Mac you can't download firmware over USB (we are working on that), so you'll need to copy the SMRTFDML.SRC file onto an SD Card and install it onto SmartFade ML using the SD Card.

Full instructions are in the release notes.

[edited by: Richard at 2:16 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 15 2009]
  • SmartSoft version 2.0.0.9.0.23

DLL 2.1.0.9.0.23

All desk functions do not work on the virtual desk. 

I'll be using a demo desk that I'm picking up on Tuesday from Angstrom. If I can get this SmartSoft to work, will my show work on that desk?

Reply Children
  • Ok, that is very strange.

Which Mac OS X version do you have?

Your showfile loaded fine in my SmartSoft, so you can just put the ASC file you attached onto an SD Card and load it on the 'real' console.

It's plausible that your download got slightly corrupted, as that isn't an issue I've seen before so you could try downloading the installer and re-installing to see if it makes any difference.

If that doesn't have an effect, then please call your local ETC tech support for some more assistance:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

Related