Smartfade ML - new user

Hi we are a small arts centre in Somerset UK and have used a 96 channel Jands desk for our conventional theatre lights (profiles etc). As we've invested a little in some led washes, we bought a secondhand Smartfade ML which seems to be in good order. Working thro the videos we're getting some idea of the capability of the desk. Howver it seems there may be a problem with slider number 0ne. When I connect the desk to a simple 4 channel dimmer pack addressed as  1, then slider 1 doesnt drive anything on Int A or Int B and the display deosnt show anything on the bar graph. connecting the light to ch2 all works as do all the other sliders. I've patched channel 1 to other dmx channels but cant get it to work. Now thats fine for conventionals/dimmers cos I can just allocate slider 2 to dmx channel 1 etc. But as I understand it slider 1 is essential for any devices as the software maps the personality to use slider 1 as intensity so inless there's a better work around I need to take the desk for a service - advice for a newbie most welcome. Thanks Tom.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related