Memories/Sequences and Smartsoft Tool Bar

I have three questions regarding the Smartfade 2496 and Smartsoft on the Mac (both v. 2.0):

1. If I save a look to memory 45, then save a sequence to that same bump (sequence 1), have I just overwritten that memory? What will come up of that memory is referenced by a step in the stack? I haven't had a chance to play with this yet and I can't find an answer in the documentation or this forum.

2. There are two icons on the toolbar on the top of the Smartsoft screen when my Mac is connected to the console. One has a large S and small M, the other the reverse. I'm guessing these buttons are for saving & retrieving shows between Smartsoft and the SD card on the console, but I can't tell how they work or if they work at all.

3. Are there plans to allow direct editing of stack steps in Smartsoft? It seems the only way to make a change now is to delete the step you want to change and insert a new one with the revised parameters.

Thanks

Mark Whipple

Parents
  • 1) If you record a memory and a sequence to the same "place," you do not actually overwrite the data.  Both of them still exist, but the sequence is what is accessible on the buttons/faders.  If you delete a sequence, the memory "under" it will come back.  And I'm pretty sure that if you reference the mem in the stack, it will work normally.  Best to try it and be sure :-).

2) Oddly enough, those buttons are what's supposed to let you toggle between the mems and sequences being accessible on the 45-48 buttons (i.e. exactly the solution to your question #1).  However, they don't work properly right now -- to be addressed in a future release.

3) I'll leave this to someone else -- I'm not a SmartFade developer, just a user :-).

• 1) If you record a memory and a sequence to the same "place," you do not actually overwrite the data.  Both of them still exist, but the sequence is what is accessible on the buttons/faders.  If you delete a sequence, the memory "under" it will come back.  And I'm pretty sure that if you reference the mem in the stack, it will work normally.  Best to try it and be sure :-).

2) Oddly enough, those buttons are what's supposed to let you toggle between the mems and sequences being accessible on the 45-48 buttons (i.e. exactly the solution to your question #1).  However, they don't work properly right now -- to be addressed in a future release.

3) I'll leave this to someone else -- I'm not a SmartFade developer, just a user :-).

Children
No Data
Related