LED's and SFML

I'll start by saying i LOVE this desk.  The SFML is under rated and i recommend it to any body who does a lot of One-off corperate gigs, mid size theatrical productions, or anybody who wants to run a small amount of Movers along with a conventional rig.  

So here's the one drawback to the console that i'm hoping maybe we can get a work around to.  The limit of 24 devices.  The snag i run into is that, i have about 18 ColorBlast 12TR's.  Plus, we'd like to start getting some Color Blaze's.  Now if i patch these as individual units (which is optimum for doing rainbow fans and such) than I only have room for 6 more inteligent devices.  But the weird thing is that i've only used 54 actual DMX channels (3 channel fixture).  So bascially desk tops out well before it actually is using any of it's power.  It's a bottle neck problem. 

So here's my question, Now what if i patched a Colorblaze profile in the mode where it has multiple RGB cell's.  This way your getting more DMX channels assigned per device.  Like, what if i patched a colorblaze profile at DMX 1, and set the color blast supply at 1 as well.  The supply does 6 fixtures, so 18 channels.  So if i patch a color blaze profile at 18 channels, wont i still be able to control each section seperately?  how does that work exactly?  

Oh, i might have just answered my own question, I guess if you use a fixture like color blaze and break up the blocks of RGB (like most LED strip lights can) you have to actually patch multiple fixtures to accomplish that?  Sorry if this is all to confusing. Basically my gripe is the limit of 24 inteligent devices when it's possible a device can only take 3 dmx channels.  seems like a waste.

Related