SmartFade ML - Record a 'fade to black' into Stack

SmartFade ML version 2.1.1.9.0.11

Simple church lighting system with traditional lighting instruments - PAR-cans and ellipsoidals, no moving lights or multi-parameter lights yet.

Now that I am getting up to speed on using the SmartFade ML (since purchasing in July) I am working on figuring out how to record a cue stack.  I think that I have the basics down by recording a cue stack from already recorded memories.   I have been looking through the manual and cannot find a reference to how to record a 'fade to black' into the stack.  I stumbled across selecting a bump button memory that did not have anything recorded into it which I assumed would be no light levels - in other words a blackout.  When I played back the stack, it did make the lights go to black.  So, my question is:  Is this a 'good' way to record a stack cue with a 'fade to black' or is there a 'better' or different way to do it?  I have figured out that the SFML has more than one way to do most things (kinda like Microsoft Windows).  I realize, of course that SFML provides both the Master fader and the 'black-out' button which either one can perform a black-out.  But I want to be able to fade to black within the stack cue that I build for a show.  Or is there something else that I am missing in the basic theory of the SFML?   My apologies, I have been using 2-scene manual preset board for years and we just recently were able to upgrade to SFML after some power glitches damaged our old control board.  Now, I am learning memory programming with SFML.  Oh, and yes, I do have the tutorials and have gone through them once.

Parents
  • Using an empty submaster is the correct method for inserting a fade to black step in the cue stack.  I have been using the ML for 2 years and that's what I have always done.  Basically, that's what every "memory" console uses for a blackout.

• Hey, thanks for quick response.  I do appreciate the user forum out there that is willing to share their wisdom on various matters.  Since I am new to ML and new to memory programming in general, I was looking for that confirmation that I actually stumbled across the simplest method to record that fade to black.  It does make sense that memory consoles would do that.   Thanks again.

• Hey, thanks for quick response.  I do appreciate the user forum out there that is willing to share their wisdom on various matters.  Since I am new to ML and new to memory programming in general, I was looking for that confirmation that I actually stumbled across the simplest method to record that fade to black.  It does make sense that memory consoles would do that.   Thanks again.

Children
No Data
Related