Personality Library Problem SmartFade ML

SFML  ver 2.1.1.9.0.11      Trying to patch American DJ MegaFlash DMX.  Did NOT see the choice available in Patch Wizard.  Had seen a forum note that MegaFlash had been supported in library release, so I assumed that I needed a new Library update.  Found that I did not have latest Library update loaded.  So, I downloaded Personality Library 5.5.2 from the web site.  Copied PERSLIB.BIN file onto SD card and performed Load Show/Update Library.  Now, however when I go to Patch Wizard, the left and right LCD's show up blank.  Checked and under Software Version, the left display shows Personalities:5.5.2

Thought that maybe the file got corrupted, so I reformatted the SD card and format command responded that the file system was FAT.  Copied the PERSLIB.BIN file on SD card again and performed again Load Show/Update Library and now Patch Wizard still shows blank on both LCD's but if I spin the left wheel, garbage characters show up in the brackets.  It appears that the Personality Library is indeed corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • It sounds like your download got corrupted somehow.

You can clear out the 'new' Perslib by booting the console into Test Mode and allowing it to do the Memory Tests as follows:

• Hold down the [Tick] button while it boots until it says Test Mode.
    • Hit [Tick] to step through the tests.
      • The "Memory Test" is the important one - this clears the memory completely.
    • Say 'No' to firmware upgrade, and the console will eventually reboot.
    • This should have reset the library to the previous 5.1.0 version included with the 2.1.1 firmware.

Note that this *will* remove your show from the console, so make sure it's saved first.

Then re-download the ZIP file and you can try again.

However, the AMDJ MegaFlash DMX is not in the 5.5.2 library.
    - I'll add it to the list of fixture requests for a later library release.

The full list of fixtures in the library are given in the StdReference.html file included in the ZIP.

Looking at its manual, the closest match in the existing libraries is the:
    Robe : REDStrobe3.192M2
    - This has a third attribute in the footprint, but it doesn't do anything.

Alternatively, you could build a User Personality for the fixture until we release an updated library containing your strobe.

[edited by: Richard at 3:44 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Oct 24 2009]
  •  hi i m new to smartfate ml i need to build a User Personality for the fixture  ... some help  pls  in the user manual  i don t see haw to do it

tanks   Gatyo

Reply Children
Related