Stack steps

Hello,

I have one question. What is the difference between 'whole number' steps and point cues? Is there any difference in implementation or is it just an option to mark some steps as for ex 'minor scene changes'? Maybe I'm stupid but I cannot figure it out.

thank you for answer

Parents
  • Normally a programmer puts all their cues for a show into "whole number" cues.  Then, when the time comes to insert a new cue between ones that already exist, it's very easy to insert a Point Cue and use that.  Yes, it limits you to only inserting 9 cues between each one that already exists, but if you need to insert more than that, it's probably will make more sense to re-record the whole stack anyway...  Another common use is when you use follow times to have it go directly into the next cue automatically -- one might have them all be subsequent point cues so they appear as "parts of the same overall cue".

• Normally a programmer puts all their cues for a show into "whole number" cues.  Then, when the time comes to insert a new cue between ones that already exist, it's very easy to insert a Point Cue and use that.  Yes, it limits you to only inserting 9 cues between each one that already exists, but if you need to insert more than that, it's probably will make more sense to re-record the whole stack anyway...  Another common use is when you use follow times to have it go directly into the next cue automatically -- one might have them all be subsequent point cues so they appear as "parts of the same overall cue".

Children
No Data
Related