MIDI Question

according to the manual the Smartfade ML maps masters 1-48  in mems mode to MIDI controllers 1-48. So, if I buy a MIDI controller with assignable faders does that mean I can expand the control surface to 48 memory faders?

And what happens when I change the memory page? Is MIDI control always over 1-48? So I could control 1-48 by MIDI and select page 3 on the desk to control 49-72 at the same time?

Parents
  • The physical faders are mapped to MIDI controllers - you don't get more faders, instead you get the same ones twice.

It's aimed at show control situations, so you can control them remotely from a suitable MIDI device.

For example, a band that can't afford someone to operate the lights could use a set of MIDI footpedals to allow a band member to remotely control their SmartFade or SmartFade ML.

• The physical faders are mapped to MIDI controllers - you don't get more faders, instead you get the same ones twice.

It's aimed at show control situations, so you can control them remotely from a suitable MIDI device.

For example, a band that can't afford someone to operate the lights could use a set of MIDI footpedals to allow a band member to remotely control their SmartFade or SmartFade ML.

Children
Related