Question Regarding Sequences and Respective mems settings

Hello,

The SmartfadeML console I use is attached to about 45 lights, mostly par64s, and no moving lights.

I have a quick question regarding setting up sequences.  I share use of this Smartfade ML console with several other people, and as a result, I do not have full access to all 12 mems channels for my own use.

To the best of my understanding, if I set up a sequence using mems light memories, the sequence references those mems channels - meaning that if I change the original mems channels, the sequence gets updated accordingly.

Is it possible to have some sort of setting where this does not happen?  I would like to be able to record more sequences but when each sequence, if using mems settings, requires several mems channels it quickly uses up the available space I have on the Smartfade ML board. 

Essentially, I would like one of two things

1) When creating a sequence, have the memories of the sequence no longer directly inheriting off the mems channels used to create it

or I guess this would work too:

2) be able to create a sequence using multiple channels in one step (so I can use the intA/intB channels and 'manually' create each sequence)

Thanks in advance! 

Parents
  • Have you taken a look at the Youtube training videos on this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ETCVideoLibrary#grid/user/EB012748EEF26930

Look at videos 16 and 17

Do you know the console has multiple pages of memories?  You could have a page or two all of your own.

You might also look at #24 on the stack.

David Lincecum

• Have you taken a look at the Youtube training videos on this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ETCVideoLibrary#grid/user/EB012748EEF26930

Look at videos 16 and 17

Do you know the console has multiple pages of memories?  You could have a page or two all of your own.

You might also look at #24 on the stack.

David Lincecum

Children
  • Hello,

Thank you for your quick response.  I have been using multiple different mems pages.

I had not seen those tutorials, thank you - after watching the ones on sequences it seems that it is not going to be possible to make sequences without referencing the mems specifically, and as a result, having the sequences changed if the referenced mems settings get changed.

Related