Fan Linear Effects?

Is there a way to fan linear affects? The only options I see are for shape and color.

-Brian

Parents
  • This didn't help very much. Can someone please help me?

• I don't believe that fan is a function on the smartfade line of consoles.  It has just been implemented on the Eos/Ion consoles in the last year or so.

• Hello,

Well there is a FAN button!  Fan is offered on Shapes and Colour effects.  It is not available on Linear effects.  The Fan function operates over the selected devices, in the order they were selected in.  The centre of the fan is the device in the middle of the list.  For instance if you select devices 1,2 10,11,22 and apply Fan the centre device of the selection is 10.  The other devices will have their shape or colour parameters spead away from that centre value, according to the Fan style selected.

Fan is described in the user manual available as a download from www.etcconnect.com/downloads.asp or which can be found in the folder ETC/SmartSoft/Documentation if you have installed SmartSoft on a computer.

• Ok thanks. That was a nice tip about the fan working in the order you selected them. Didn't know that. But do you know if the ML will ever be able to fan linear effects in an update or something. Right now I would like to fan linear effects because i am using one effect to flash my lights (intensity levels ramp/saw etc). It doesn't look too good when all the lights are flashing together at the same time, and I would like them to fan with like the "EVENLY" or the other ratios available to the color and shape effects. 

• Ok thanks. That was a nice tip about the fan working in the order you selected them. Didn't know that. But do you know if the ML will ever be able to fan linear effects in an update or something. Right now I would like to fan linear effects because i am using one effect to flash my lights (intensity levels ramp/saw etc). It doesn't look too good when all the lights are flashing together at the same time, and I would like them to fan with like the "EVENLY" or the other ratios available to the color and shape effects. 

Children
No Data
Related