How to use Param1 as general LED control? Smartfade ML

Hi everyone. So here's my request. I want to use the Param1 function of the console so that I can control all of our LED fixtures. We have two washlights and 4 LED pars that are mapped as follows on the console:

- Channels 13 to 16 are our first wash light

- Channels 17 to 20 are our second wash light

- Channels 21 to 27 are our first LED par

- Channels 28 to 34 are our second LED par

- Channes 35 to 41 are our third LED par

- Channels 42 to 48 are our fourth LED par

Now, when the console was first installed and configured, when you accessed the Param1 function you'd bring up channel 1 and all of the LED lights would come on (so that was the intensity adjuster), then you could change the color of all of the LEDs at once by pressing the "COLOR" button and choosing any color from the pallette, and two channels (i don't remember which ones) would adjust the strobe effect of the wash lights and LED par lights respectively.

Sadly the console had to be reset because someone messed with the settings. I tried patching devices but our brand does not appear in the console database. So I tried creating Custom User Personalities as shown in the YouTube tutorials but I just can't get it to work as described above. I think the problem is I'm not patching the devices the correct way.

My objective would be to have 6 devices (1 being our first wash light, 2 being our second wash light, 3 our first led par and so on) and control them with the param1 function.

I know it may sound confusing but I'm in Italy and it's really difficult to get in touch with someone who knows about this stuff. I'm willing to get in contact with someone who can help me and maybe we can video call or something, show the problem directly.

Also I'm a total noob with this stuff as you would have guessed. Please, any help is appreciated.

Related